WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in San Antonio. For those of you who have not been here it's relentlessly hot and moderately humid. There are only two seasons, summer and getting ready for summer. My Globemaster is normally on OEM leather strap, which looks great and allows the watch to wear lightweight. Even though I work in an office summer is so hot I'm at serious risk for blowing out the expensive leather. This causes me to not wear the watch as much as I'd like.

So, here it is on a Haveston Nato style strap. This is the Carrier Strap - A2, which is inspired by the paint scheme of WWII Navy aircraft in the Pacific Theatre. Anyway, it looks great but is too thick to pass through the space between the standard supplied spring bars and the case. There is very little space between the straight spring bars used by the OEM strap and the case. The solution is curved spring bars and the Omega dealer will have them 'cause their own leather NATO straps are similarly thick. It's a less than 5 minute swap and now the watch is well suited to South Texas summer. Super comfortable and good looking.

Single pass NATO style strap with useful sliding keeper. Omega tech was fairly impressed with the detailing and overall quality of the strap.

This go (almost) anywhere, do (almost) anything watch is back in business baby!
IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I can see where you are coming from and your choice of colours really complement the watch case, face and hands successfully. It doesn’t fully work for me though, but my opinion isn’t as important as yours. Again, love the colour choice.

Nigel

·
Registered
202 Posts
I live in San Antonio. For those of you who have not been here it's relentlessly hot and moderately humid. There are only two seasons, summer and getting ready for summer. My Globemaster is normally on OEM leather strap, which looks great and allows the watch to wear lightweight. Even though I work in an office summer is so hot I'm at serious risk for blowing out the expensive leather. This causes me to not wear the watch as much as I'd like.

So, here it is on a Haveston Nato style strap. This is the Carrier Strap - A2, which is inspired by the paint scheme of WWII Navy aircraft in the Pacific Theatre. Anyway, it looks great but is too thick to pass through the space between the standard supplied spring bars and the case. There is very little space between the straight spring bars used by the OEM strap and the case. The solution is curved spring bars and the Omega dealer will have them 'cause their own leather NATO straps are similarly thick. It's a less than 5 minute swap and now the watch is well suited to South Texas summer. Super comfortable and good looking.

Single pass NATO style strap with useful sliding keeper. Omega tech was fairly impressed with the detailing and overall quality of the strap.

This go (almost) anywhere, do (almost) anything watch is back in business baby!
View attachment 13409773

View attachment 13409775
That looks great. I live a couple hundred miles East of you in Houston, so I have the same sweaty problem with my leather straps.

I need to snap a picture tonight, but my Aqua Terra is on a Haveston Quarterdeck canvas and I love it. They make great straps.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice combo. What's the total length of this particular strap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. This is from the manufacturers website. The strap is not long enough to fold back, which is just what I prefer.

Length: 270mm (not incl. buckle)
Thickness: 1.3mm
Wearer Fit: Suitable for wrist circumference of: 145mm - 225mm / 6"- 8.5"
Material: Heavy weave polyamide
Hardware: Polished or Brushed, hex buckle

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks great. I live a couple hundred miles East of you in Houston, so I have the same sweaty problem with my leather straps.

I need to snap a picture tonight, but my Aqua Terra is on a Haveston Quarterdeck canvas and I love it. They make great straps.
I've lived in Houston and my in-laws are still there so I'm there frequently. Your humidity is much more severe. I'd like to see that Aqua Terra on canvas. My IWC Mark XVIII Petite Prince is on the Haveston Invasion - A2 strap, which is a joy that looks cool. The OEM leather is really nice for that watch but same problem with heat and humidity. I really prefer bracelets but some watches look better or are only available on strap. I'm really liking these Haveston straps.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Cool, interesting weave on that one. I've not had a Perlon strap, what are the benefits?
Yeah, the newest C&B Melange style Perlons have a nice dual color weave that's quite neat to look at. They're Perlon style but done in Nylon.

As far as I know, the only true Perlon straps are Eulit. They're the nicest quality and are stiffer than others, including C&B. If you want to give Perlon a try, go for the Eulit first. Holbens carry them.

These breathe really well and dry FAST. I really love mine. Most of my 18 and 20mm watches are on Perlons for the summer.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've lived in Houston and my in-laws are still there so I'm there frequently. Your humidity is much more severe. I'd like to see that Aqua Terra on canvas. My IWC Mark XVIII Petite Prince is on the Haveston Invasion - A2 strap, which is a joy that looks cool. The OEM leather is really nice for that watch but same problem with heat and humidity. I really prefer bracelets but some watches look better or are only available on strap. I'm really liking these Haveston straps.
Yup. Humidity is definitely a problem here, but I just got back from Charleston, SC and holy outdoor sauna! Didn't think it could get much worse than Houston, but I digress.

Here's my AT on Haveston canvas. I agree, they make very high quality straps.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup. Humidity is definitely a problem here, but I just got back from Charleston, SC and holy outdoor sauna! Didn't think it could get much worse than Houston, but I digress.

Here's my AT on Haveston canvas. I agree, they make very high quality straps.

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That looks great! Do you have a pic of it on the EO strap please?
Sorry! It’s been on the Perlon and I didn’t have a picture of it on the Erika’s. I don’t have it accessible right now, but once I get it back I’ll try to get you one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts