WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a kick against Authenic watches, it is the same price from everyone that sells it. I THOUGHT I liked the way the strap looked on the Bond SMP, but holly do-do----a third of the price for what I can buy the watch for?!?!?!? In-freakin-sane. Omega has lost their ever lovin mind to charge that much for a strap that is not Croc, gator,or anything "exotic" or handmade--it's friggin blue rubber----I guess this goes back to earlier threads about how Omega is squeezing out some of their ADs and trying to become more "high end"

http://www.authenticwatches.com/omega-seamaster-rubber-strap-98000210.html

Oh, well.....it's a good thing I love how the bracelet looks...unfreaking believable..

ok, I'm done

·
6,880 Posts
I want to say that its cheaper on otto frei....not sure though. Either way, pick up a nice hirsch or whatever for a rubber strap and save some big $$.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Not cheap, but...

The description indicates that it includes a deployment "buckle," which makes up a large portion of that price. In fact, they list it at $245, which is about half of that $495 figure.

I'm not saying $250 is a bargain for a blue rubber strap. I think it's still pretty ridiculous, but I don't think demanding a premium for OEM parts is unique to Omega.

eric

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric-thanks for the clarification-the link I posted is the only strap I have found to purchase (all other sellers are selling the same model/combo) for the same price. That is what lead me to believe that Omega had gone nuts on this one, that that was the only combo available to purchase. I was originally anticipating around $150-$200 for the strap because it is "unique"-so the list price isn't that horrible. Do you have a link to someone that sells with out deployment clasp?

So I retract my statement (alittle) that Omega has lost their ever loving mind......................

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I too was shocked when i asked my very good freind and AD for a rubber strap for my PO, and well to say that i could by 3 Breitling rubber straps for the cost of 1 omega then its steep, I am now debating that if i must have it then i will get it on deployment and not buckle, heck if im gonna payout then it may as well be for the whole cobudle...

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
A couple places to check

Eric-thanks for the clarification-the link I posted is the only strap I have found to purchase (all other sellers are selling the same model/combo) for the same price. That is what lead me to believe that Omega had gone nuts on this one, that that was the only combo available to purchase. I was originally anticipating around $150-$200 for the strap because it is "unique"-so the list price isn't that horrible. Do you have a link to someone that sells with out deployment clasp?
Omega makes two types of straps, one for a regular tang buckle, and one for deployment clasps. It may be the case that this one is only available for deployment. I just don't know.

I don't see it on their sites, but you might check with Otto Frei, or even Watchco, down in Australia.
So I retract my statement (alittle) that Omega has lost their ever loving mind......................
Sometimes I wonder, but in this case, I don't think they're any more out of line than other manufacturers. Check around the site you linked to. Most of those manufacturers are charging big bucks for OEM bracelets, straps, and deployments.

eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts