WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am currently in Bali on holiday and promised myself a PO after 20 years work underwater. Australian prices seem over inflated and was wondering if you could purchase a PO here in Bali. I note there is a DFS mall called Galleria in Kuta. It is awash with fakes in the street stalls but I want the real deal. Any advice or info is welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
The Omega website tells you where all the authorised dealers are located.
OMEGA Watches: Search on map
Looks like Indonesia doesn't have any Authorised Dealers.

Be interested if you can report back comparison to the prices between Bali & Perth, if you do end up finding a legit dealer. Other option is buy one duty free, but prices are still a robbery. Pity ACE does not ship outside EU anymore... If you have family in the EU it might the the way to go.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Omega website tells you where all the authorised dealers are located.
OMEGA Watches: Search on map
Looks like Indonesia doesn't have any Authorised Dealers.

Be interested if you can report back comparison to the prices between Bali & Perth, if you do end up finding a legit dealer. Other option is buy one duty free, but prices are still a robbery. Pity ACE does not ship outside EU anymore...
Yep, will do. I know the official site does not list one but I think there may be some form of AD there. Will let you know.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Sometimes the AD map search on the Omega site won't list all the ADs that are authorised to carry Omega, I know in my town we have 2 Omega ADs that are authorised but only one is listed on Omega's site. Yet if you call Omega they'll tell you the other one is a authorised AD :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi there,
welcome to Indonesia. Actually we had omega authorized dealer in Indonesia. We had 2 omega boutiques in Jakarta. For Bali, as far that I know, you only will find it at the airport, ngurah Rai international airport.
i don't know about the price in Aussie, but what I know is the price in Indonesia is quite expensive. I myself always buy my watches (including my 2 Omegas) in Singapore. (and actually in Malaysia KLIA is even cheaper)
For example, the 8500 PO in Omega Boutique Jakarta is around USD 6,350 (nett after discount) compared to USD 5,079 in singapore, or around USD 4,762 in KLIA malaysia (last month I went to Malaysia for holiday)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from Bali and the DFS in Kuta, Bali, does have a selction of Omega watches along with various other high end brands. The prices were in US dollars and were unmovable on the price when I asked. I was after a PO 45.5 in the 8500 movement which they had one of (small selection). Price was US$5930. Interestingly they also had the mirror of the watch in ladies for the same price. An SMP Bond (50th)for example I noted at US$3700. I was not over impressed with the price and wil continue the search elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Just got back from Bali and the DFS in Kuta, Bali, does have a selction of Omega watches along with various other high end brands. The prices were in US dollars and were unmovable on the price when I asked. I was after a PO 45.5 in the 8500 movement which they had one of (small selection). Price was US$5930. Interestingly they also had the mirror of the watch in ladies for the same price. An SMP Bond (50th)for example I noted at US$3700. I was not over impressed with the price and wil continue the search elsewhere.

Thats somewhat decent, for the PO here in my town its around 6.3K with no discount and the Bond model is 5.5k Those were "decent" prices, but I think the Bond's price was a steal of a discount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts