WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Is the Omega Kevlar Strap waterprof / water resistent or will it be worn out like a normal leather strap.

The Kit

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Hey Kit

Kevlar is cool, but, it has leather backing just like a croc strap. So yes, it will wear just like a regular strap. Still cool though. David

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It looks VERY cool!!!!

However it makes me sad to hear. If it is only the backing that is leather how about the kevlar? I mean can you wear in fairly wet conditions (rain, washing you hands etc.) without ruining the kevlar and therefore conclud that it is a bit more resistant than a standard leather strap? Let me know if my question makes any sense at all :)

The Kit

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I've been wearing Speedy on the Omega kevlar almost every day for six or seven months. Rain, humidity, and hand washing haven't caused any problems. I just wouldn't take it swimming or in the shower.

And, it is a very cool strap.

eric

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'll third that:-!,

The kevlar is a fantastic strap and makes a change from the standard NATO style straps.
Nick.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Hey, If Nicks pics don't get'cha to buy one, nothin will. David

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Well Alex

Just buy yourself one. I'm feelin bad killin ya. Eric, feel bad? David

·
Registered
128 Posts
OK... you guys are killing me with these straps. I've always been a "stock" guy, but now since I've joined the Forum, I am starting to drool at the alternate straps... I am really torn between a Zulu type strap or now this wonderful Kevlar. Recommendations??? It would be for a PO...

Where's a good place to buy them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Just buy yourself one. I'm feelin bad killin ya. Eric, feel bad? David
Oh, I just feel like dirt, David. I didn't sleep at all last night. And, now there's another guy suffering.
OK... you guys are killing me with these straps. I've always been a "stock" guy, but now since I've joined the Forum, I am starting to drool at the alternate straps... I am really torn between a Zulu type strap or now this wonderful Kevlar. Recommendations??? It would be for a PO...

Where's a good place to buy them?

Thanks!
Zulu straps are about $15, so give one a try. The Omega kevlar is about $150 with a buckle. The other option to consider is the Omega rubber strap. You can look over some options here.

eric

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the info Eric. Can you also recommend a place to buy Rhino straps? I might want to look into those as well... now I'm obsessed.

Thanks again!

PS Expect a post from me soon on "How to Change a Strap for Dummies" ;-)

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Thanks for the info Eric. Can you also recommend a place to buy Rhino straps? I might want to look into those as well... now I'm obsessed.

Thanks again!

PS Expect a post from me soon on "How to Change a Strap for Dummies" ;-)
I honestly can't remember where I purchased my Zulu/Rhino straps, but there's a good chance it was from Howard with Westcoasttime.com or broadarrow.net / MWR.

You might send a PM to David (DMB). I'm pretty sure he recently purchased a few from somewhere or other.

eric

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
As I understood, Omega's new kevlar straps have that ligher stitching? Or did I understood right..Would really like to have that kevlar strap with darker stitching..lighter one looks..odd.

·
Registered
832 Posts
As I understood, Omega's new kevlar straps have that ligher stitching? Or did I understood right..Would really like to have that kevlar strap with darker stitching..lighter one looks..odd.
I wouldn't know about the very recent kevlar straps but mine has the black stitching and was bought new from Otto Frei about 6 months ago.
Nick.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
could you recommend where i could get the kelvar strap from? thanks all. :-!

C

·
0 Posts
I'll third that:-!,

The kevlar is a fantastic strap and makes a change from the standard NATO style straps.
Nick.
HELLO: BEAUTIFUL STRAP, BUT AS IS BETTER, FOR A PROFESSIONAL OMEGA SEAMASTER 300M. HIRSCH CARBON BLUE Or THE KEVLAR BLUE ?:-!

·
Premium Member
5,589 Posts
was looking for feedback as to how both versions of the kevlar straps have held up over time?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts