WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Editor
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Omega logo in the crystal stamped on the inside or outside?

I made a picture of my Moony, but it is difficult to see..

I might want to buff out some scratches, but I would like to keep that logo ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow, my SMP doesn't have a logo in the crystal....not that i can see anyways.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Dimer the logo is on the inside of the crystal so polish it as much as you want it, nice photo btw.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
No it's not.

If it doesn't have the logo it is a non Omega replacement but have a careful look as they are sometimes difficult to spot except in the right light.
Holy Moly!!! I can see it [on my Omega]. I used a magnifying glass and there it is. Wow. I have good eyesight, no glasses nothing and when I looked closly I could see something, but with the magnifying glass, there it was.

My gosh that camera must be awesome to get a photo like that.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Very well done.
My eyesight is not that great so i have to use a loop to seen mine. I have been trying to get a shot of it since i have had the Speedy, but i can never get the angle right to capture a picture of it.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Nice pic Dimer. Here´s mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Digging around and found this old thread. And guess what, my 1 day old 3570 also has the logo. This is way cool :-D

Photo taken with my LX3, takes awesome closeups.

Logo-in-crystal.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just bought a speedmaster reduced. Before reading this post I looked at the crystal and figured it had been replaced at some point (which did not really bother me). After reading it I took a REALLY good look from an angle (so the logo will be against the black dial), and found it! Its super small!

·
Registered
18,295 Posts
I absolutely cannot find a symbol in my dad's late 60's vintage Omega's crystal. Odds are it was replaced sometime. I could ask, I suppose.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts