WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I have an omega Marine 1932 (I believe) Serial 8376304, USPAT 520.818. What surprises me is it has tick marks instead of numbers. It is 18K, and has 17 jewels. I cannot find any information on it or what it might be worth. I have attached a pciture, or atleast tried to attach one.

Any help someone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Maybe a customized dial? I know that sometimes jewelers put their names on their dials, but I'm surprised there's no Omega on the dial. I would like to see a picture of the movement and caseback though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Kyle, I am trying to add more pictures of the inside of the watch, but cant figure out how to attach them.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got some more Pictures.
I do appreciate the help on this from those that obviously know more about watches than I.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Some interesting facts about the marine: World's first diving watch
Worn by Amelia Earhart, Yves Pau Gaston Le Prieur (guy who invented Scuba)
One of the first watches to have sapphire crystal
Final pressure was measured at 135m, Omega released a limited number of the new marine in the Museum collection with only 135 made.

These are now worth a very fine penny and definitely one to hold on to...so jealous that you have one. The only thing is that it might not be a 1932 (1st photo) but a slightly later one, perhaps 1936 (2nd photo). The photos below and the facts above (apart from being acquired knowledge) are in the latest Water Edition no 8 of Omega Lifetime (bad photo quality due to taking them on iPhone from the magazine).

IMG_1021.jpg IMG_1022.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
WOW Charlie, you are a wealth of knowledge. I GREATLY appreciate the information. The second picture is exactly what I have other than the face of mine reads "Udall Ballou". I cannot get my pictures to up load for some reason (keep getting a "upload failure"). [Email address redacted - AAP]

I am not a true watch collector. With all my other hobbies, I am looking to sell this watch but I am not sure the best route to take. Are there auctions available?

Again, I appreciate your help. I am amazed at the ability of the individuals on this website to identify watches.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
WOW Charlie, you are a wealth of knowledge. I GREATLY appreciate the information. The second picture is exactly what I have other than the face of mine reads "Udall Ballou". I cannot get my pictures to up load for some reason (keep getting a "upload failure"). [Email address redacted - AAP]

I am not a true watch collector. With all my other hobbies, I am looking to sell this watch but I am not sure the best route to take. Are there auctions available?

Again, I appreciate your help. I am amazed at the ability of the individuals on this website to identify watches.
Kersting, there is a fine line between asking a question and soliciting a sale. Please make sure to stay on the "question" side (as per the forum rules). |>

Short of taking your watch to a dealer, your most common options are listing it on eBay or listing it on any one of the many sales forums on the major watch forums, such as the Sales Corner here on WUS. One positive point about trying to sell it on one of the watch forums is that there is usually no charge to do so, though a low post count may make other members wary. Listing on eBay will definitely expose this piece to the widest audience, but make sure that you understand the process before you commit.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts