WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a mens gold colored quartz wristwatch which has a white dial with gold hands inc second hand,day and date,the omega logo with the words omega quartz underneath,its got the omega logo etched under the center of the crystal,its a button either side of the winder,its got a stainless steel back with the omega logo on it.
iv'e just had a new battery installed and was told its a genuine omega.
i wanted to know if anyone had any idea what model it is and its age?
it also has the 1310 calebre inside.
thanks dave.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Looks like the ST 396.0843

From Omega's vintage site (http://62.73.172.167/cu_vintage/main.php) :
More product information

Case ref. = 196.0058
Case : round (11,8 x 37,6 mm diameter), with integrated SS bracelet of ref. 1283/247.
International Collection : 1976-1980
Swiss retail price (1976) : CHF 490.-
Also available in 14K gold-plated with SS case back under ref. (MD 396.0843, CHF 650.-).
AM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thought i'd mention that i have the stainless steel version of this excellent time keeper...with the black dial and complete bracelet. Indeed a very accurate classic watch from the early 70's.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
That's an historically very interesting watch. I believe the 1310 movement was Omega's first in-house quartz movement, succeeding the Consortium-developed Beta 21. Although not HAQ by today's standards, they were advertised at +/- 5 seconds per month--very fine accuracy in the early and mid-1970s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As for checking the accuracy of my watch, i have done a crude comparison by comparing it with my seiko kinetic hour for hour and second for second....and a week later, there hasnt been any deviation in the second hand, and the time keeping is spot on. All i need to do now is scource a couple of links for the original strap, and find out how much the watch was being sold for way back in the early 70's / 80's.
I have to be honest, when i look at my watch and you see the commanding second hand tick it does show that this is no ordinary quartz powered time piece.

If anyone can do the math and work out the selling price of chf 490 way back in the early 70's and compare to today's currency that would interesting to know. GBP is my currency lol !

·
Registered
329 Posts
If it's a Megaquartz you're comparing to that Seiko Kinetic, you do realize that the Megaquartz is more accurate by at least a few magnitudes, if you have the 32kHz version. If you want to assess its timekeeping, you need to compare it to an atomic source (try time.gov).

Which model do you have? Pictures?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts