WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Years past I showed here LEMANIA designed and made large 20j Omega watch with split second chronograph, and 1/10 seconds resolution produced with tiny balance, proper train ratios, and big mainspring; 36,000 bph. Large dial with 1/10 seconds scale. First actually used 1932 OLYMPICS. And first OLYMPICS event timer with 1/10 sec. resolution. I believe there was a carefully adjusted electrical solenoid switch to eliminate human finger. There were other p.w. chronographs of high resolution. OMEGA gained good commercial benefits from this truly OLYMPIC watch timer. Since I have a 1952 one, it has prompted arguement with me about what can be called an OLYMPIC chronograph watch. A variety of w.w. and p.w. use the name but there are only a few with readable 1/10 sec. dials that are in my opinion. Even an OMEGA commercial version of the real one does not have the right scale. Shown here. artbissell

IMG_8690a.jpg IMG_8683a.jpg

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Wow

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

Reactions: nome93

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,132 Posts
And I can only say the same! Such a wonderful watch, such a complicated and rare movement - and you actually got two of them! Interesting to note that the watch is still pin set, despite being from well after WWI.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
A

Reactions: busmatt
1 - 4 of 4 Posts