WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess just cause its Monday and I'm sure a couple of you guys/girls would rather be golfing than working :-!. I just wanted to know if any of you guys/girls play golf or not. I just got back from a 3 month golf break due to a shoulder injury and small bank account :-(.
Oh, and if so, what is in your bag?
Heres my setup:
Driver- Taylormade CGB 10.5 *cough* regular *cough* flex
Woods- Taylormade r7 st 3 wood
Hybrid- Taylormade Rescue TP Hybrid
Irons- Taylormade r7 *cough* draw *cough* STIFF flex
Wedges- Mizuno MP RAW
Putter- Odyssey White Hot #6
I'll take pictures of my setup tomorrow when its not 3am :).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I guess just cause its Monday and I'm sure a couple of you guys/girls would rather be golfing than working :-!. I just wanted to know if any of you guys/girls play golf or not. I just got back from a 3 month golf break due to a shoulder injury and small bank account :-(.
Oh, and if so, what is in your bag?
Heres my setup:
Driver- Taylormade CGB 10.5 *cough* regular *cough* flex
Woods- Taylormade r7 st 3 wood
Irons- Taylormade r7 *cough* draw *cough* STIFF flex
Wedges- Mizuno MP RAW
Putter- Odyssey White Hot #6
I'll take pictures of my setup tomorrow when its not 3am :).
Not a officially an Omega owner yet, but Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm is on order. I wish I was out on the course everyday :-(

Driver - Callaway ft-5 10 degree STIFF flex
3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood Regular Flex
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SW & LW
Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball White Hot XG
Irons - Wilson Staff Di-7 3-PW Regular flex

Looking at getting one of the new Big Bertha Diablo hybrid as I can't hit my 3 iron to save me!

·
Registered
557 Posts
will since i had my son 3 years ago i barely have the trime to play golf

used to have a carbon cobra set but replaced those with mizuno
complete set is mizuno

·
Registered
213 Posts
Agreed - always seems less time to play golf than there should be !

- Nike Sasquatch driver - Reg flex - 16 degree (I know...lotta loft but I've been using a real slow swing to keep the drives on the short stuff - works BEAUTIFULLY)
- Callaway Heaven Wood - 7 wood (only fairway wood I use)
- Callaway Big Bertha irons - steel shaft - Reg Flex
- Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter (my other baby :-!)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Agreed - always seems less time to play golf than there should be !

- Nike Sasquatch driver - Reg flex - 16 degree (I know...lotta loft but I've been using a real slow swing to keep the drives on the short stuff - works BEAUTIFULLY)
- Callaway Heaven Wood - 7 wood (only fairway wood I use)
- Callaway Big Bertha irons - steel shaft - Reg Flex
- Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter (my other baby :-!)

+1, the Calloway Heaven Seven is my favorite club. Anywhere from 185 to 150 (when choked down).

·
Registered
771 Posts
trying to get back into it after many years.

in the bag? old school ping eye2 irons, ping anser 2 putter and a couple of real wood woods.. no really...

cheers,
Q

·
Registered
797 Posts
My equipment is a Wii remote, and Tiger Woods PGA 2009...

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Same situation as Q_at96. Fighting to get back into golf after about 15+ years of downtime. Used to eat and sleep golf. Amazing what life and a kid will do to your golf game.

Irons: Still have my ping eye 2s (the illegal ones) 1-sw. That 1iron saved my butt more than once. Its a bear to hit now and I think I may follow the sheep and get a hybrid to take its place.

Woods: Driver-Taylor made 360cc burner. Stiff shaft. 9.5. A Sams purchase a few years ago. $150 brand new out the door. I tell you when good tech becomes old tech in golf, you can pick it up for next to nothing.
3wood-a custom golfsmith put together. Stiff shaft. I can hook it around pine trees like its on a string but can't fade or slice it to save my life. Its on the chopping block also.

Putter-Cleveland classic blade. Traded it straight up for a ping anser back in the day from a juco teammate that broke it during one of his horrendous putting outings. Reshafted it with a shorter shaft and a leather grip. Puts like butta. Funny I bought the anser back a few weeks later for about half what the cleveland was worth. It wasn't the "answer" for him either.

Golf ball: Nike Tour Professional.

So there you have it, a bag full of memories and misfits. Oh and for what its worth, I DO NOT wear any of my omega's when playing. Ive got a nice lighweight Timex Ironman for that duty.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Driver - Ping G10
3 wood - very old TM - I just love it
5 wood - Calaway
Hybrid - Cleveland Hibore
irons - BB's
Sand wedge - Cleveland
putter- Odyssey

In market for new irons...thinking about Adams A4 or Mizuno MP-52 or MX 200

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love my golf, and fortunatly for me my wife lets me play up to 3 times a week.

I have PO but wouldn't dream of wearing whilst playing golf. Strange though, I do see a lot of members at our club play golf with their Rolexes on, assuming they are real of course.

Whats in my bag:
Taylor Made Tour Burner Driver 9.5 Deg
Taylor Made Burner 3 Wood
Mizuno Fire Blade 5 Wood
Nicklause JNZ Irons 3-W
Cleveland 52Deg GAp Wedge
Cleveland Sand Iron
YES Putter the Emma Model

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Haven't played for a while but returning home to N Ireland soon so I'm sure I'll be playing again in no time.

In the bag?

Woods are Adams Ovations Offset but rarely used as I'm a horrible slicer when I try and mash it, even with offset woods.

Irons and wedges are a lot more confidence inspiring, Callaway X-18s

Putter is also from the Callaway stable, an Odyssey White Steel #5 Rossie.

Balls are usually Titleist ProV1s; not becuase I'm good enough to use them, but when folk say what to get for your birthday, I tell them Pro V1s, that way when I lose them I didn't actually pay for them. Beats a pair of socks any year!

If I do take the game up again I'll try and get back down to <18, then a new Driver and maybe even some decent wedges will be on the cards. Currently though, a lot of my extra cash is being pumped into cycling, wife just paid over £100 for a pair of shorts for me today so not convinced she'll be overly happy about me playing golf for 4-6 hrs on a Saturday and then out on the bike for the same duration on a Sunday!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Kids are grown and gone so I took up golf a couple years ago. Enjoy it almost as much as watch collecting. I wear my Tissot PR100 when I play and its been fine so far.

What's in the bag?

Cobra LDF 10.5*
Cobra SZ 3
Cobra SZ 5
Nike CPR 21*
Wishon 770CFE 4-PW
Titliest Vokey 52*, 56* & 60*
Yes Callie

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can't wait to get back to playing, just had shoulder operation ...out for 3 months... 3 more weeks to go!!

In the bag
Cobra SZ 350 offset senior 10.5deg driver
Calloway Hawkeye 7 wood
Cobra baffler 22deg and 26 deg for the rough
Cobra irons 5 to SW

Watches..
Omega Mk 4.5 (when it returns from Bry)
Fortis Cosmonaut
Tutima Pilot Titanium
Review Thommen Airspeed
Seiko chrono for golf
Regards, Graham

·
Registered
663 Posts
Driver- Taylormade r7 CGB MAX DRIVER
Woods- Taylormade r7 r7 CGB Max Fairway Wood
Irons- Callaway X-18 Pro
Wedges- Cleveland CG 10
Putter- Odyssey White Hot #2 switching to rossa daytona 1

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Let me be one among probably a few, that wouldn't play golf if it were the last game on earth! lol

And I wouldn't own a Mac either.

But I love my SMP!

Semper Fi ya'll

paul

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I only shot some golf once, that was until I ran out of shells.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Now we are talkin

Taylor R7 TP Quad
Titleist 909 F3 15deg Aldila Voodoo
Tayor Rescue 16 deg
Titliest AP2 3-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey 54 & 60
Odyssey 2 Ball Blade
Odyssey White Hot XG No 7
Scotty Neport Mid Sur Belly
Scotty Newport 2
Zebra Ram
Pings x 3

·
Registered
721 Posts
Oh ,if anyone is interested , and here in North Queensland , Australia we pay $50 Aus ( about $38 us ) for 18 holes for 2 people inc buggies !

I have heard its more expensive in Europe ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts