WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some people might be interested in seeing this beauty once again. If anyone is considering getting a PO Ceramic, I highly recommend it. I am a chronic flipper and I've had mine for almost 4 months and its still performing perfectly, gaining less than a second a day. I love this watch!

IMG_0991.jpg IMG_0996.jpg IMG_1000.jpg

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's not to love? Its a terrific watch. I was looking at the LM Blue 8500 yesterday and had to pull myself away before I put my AMX on the counter.
Frankly, the LM Blue is the only watch I could see myself selling my PO to get. I doubt I'll ever do it though, because the LM 8500 is sooooooooooooo expensive.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Great shots, thanks for sharing!
This is a great watch and I think it will be a classic in years to come. A step up for Omega in terms of movement, a change in design and a change in pricing/marketing strategy. This watch represents significant changes at Omega and I for one, agree with at least the first two :D

Reactions: omega1234

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Frankly, the LM Blue is the only watch I could see myself selling my PO to get. I doubt I'll ever do it though, because the LM 8500 is sooooooooooooo expensive.
I think the black is nicer. Less in your face and less flashy. More timeless and probably more versatile. Just saying. Enjoy your watch! :D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I think the first 8500/9300/8520 Omega's will not be all time classics, because of the thickness which is just too much for some people. Once the movements get slimmed down, Omega has one hell of a lineup. As for me, I like the thickness, so I'm going to build my collection of Omega's before prices reach Rolex level.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Great shots, thanks for sharing!
This is a great watch and I think it will be a classic in years to come. A step up for Omega in terms of movement, a change in design and a change in pricing/marketing strategy. This watch represents significant changes at Omega and I for one, agree with at least the first two :D
Totally agree. Dare I say it looks better than the SubC. The dial is just gorgeous and an amazing wrist presence. One negative I have to say is the thickness and another is the lack of micro adjustments on the bracelet. That is it. The rest is just perfect. Just a tiny bit slimmer and it would have been a keeper for me. I am contemplating getting it back in 42mm version. I have to say that when you try it on at the AD, the XL version looks better. I heard that you have to try it without comparing to get an idea. After I sold it I was a but upset for a few days. I regretted the sale quite a bit. I believe it was a good decision for me due to the size and thickness but it was a hard one to take. Believe me.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Totally agree. Dare I say it looks better than the SubC. The dial is just gorgeous and an amazing wrist presence. One negative I have to say is the thickness and another is the lack of micro adjustments on the bracelet. That is it. The rest is just perfect. Just a tiny bit slimmer and it would have been a keeper for me. I am contemplating getting it back in 42mm version. I have to say that when you try it on at the AD, the XL version looks better. I heard that you have to try it without comparing to get an idea. After I sold it I was a but upset for a few days. I regretted the sale quite a bit. I believe it was a good decision for me due to the size and thickness but it was a hard one to take. Believe me.
Same boat. Bought the big one and regret it. Considering flipping it for the AT8500 mid size.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Same boat. Bought the big one and regret it. Considering flipping it for the AT8500 mid size.
I know since we chatted about it. After I sold it I could not sleep the first night. It's silly but i loved that watch. It was just not practical. I literally packed it up fast and went straight to the post office so I don't change my mind.

On the AT I was thinking about it because of the movement. I love the 8500. I can look at it for hours. The AT may be a good alternative. I will try it on next time.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's interesting to hear you say that you would think about going to the 42mm. I had the 42mm and it was just way too unbalanced for me. It would bang back and forth on my wrist to the point that it just wasn't wearable. It was very disappointing as I just love the watch, but it had to go. I decided my Sub is just a little too small for my tastes anymore, so I went to a local AD that carries both Rolex and Omega to look at the DSSD and confirm that I really don't want to consider the PO 42 on a strap. Looking at it again after wearing another 42mm diver, I was struck by just how small the PO 42mm looks. Frankly it looked smaller than my SubC. I know it isn't, but that is the appearance it gave off. So, I decided to try on the PO 45mm and it really sat much better on my wrist than the 42mm. I still have the nagging feeling that I won't be able to get the bracelet adjusted correctly, but with the 45mm sitting better I really considering giving that a chance. If only Omega would provide some micro-adjustments, this would be hard to beat.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The lack of micro adjust is also my only problem.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Beautiful PO. Thanks for sharing pics.

Reactions: omega1234

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
How's the dial texture, is it matt, semi-gloss or full-gloss?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm really on the fence about flipping my 2500 PO XL for the 8500. Mine is the black bezel with orange numerals, and I would want the same again. I'm VERY tempted, but my only hangup is that the 2500 was my first swiss watch ever, and I've literally been to the depths of the sea with it, it would be hard to see it go.

On the other hand, it's hard for me to stomach owning two of the same model, just a newer version, especially with so many other watches out there, and the short-list just getting longer and longer. :think:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How's the dial texture, is it matt, semi-gloss or full-gloss?
Its matt. I believe the white version is glossy and the LM is too.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm really on the fence about flipping my 2500 PO XL for the 8500. Mine is the black bezel with orange numerals, and I would want the same again. I'm VERY tempted, but my only hangup is that the 2500 was my first swiss watch ever, and I've literally been to the depths of the sea with it, it would be hard to see it go.

On the other hand, it's hard for me to stomach owning two of the same model, just a newer version, especially with so many other watches out there, and the short-list just getting longer and longer. :think:
From my experience I've learned to not sell things with sentimental value.

Reactions: Jrsnow
1 - 20 of 23 Posts