WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to decide between an Omega Planet Ocean black dial/black face "Big Size" 2907.50.91 and a Kobold SMG-1.

It will be an every day watch, which for me, will mean everything from suits to diving and range time (gun range). What are your thoughts? Is the Omega PO a rugged watch, does it have any sort of "incabloc" or other such jarring protection for its mechanism?

Thank you very much...I really appreciate your help and any and all thoughts!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I looked at some Kobold imho these watches are way over priced with a run-of-the-mill ETA movement, PO is are more refined watch. And of course Omega has the prestige name brand too.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've had my PO 45.5 for a little over a year now and have not babied the watch one bit other than the normal scuffs on the buckle no problems what so ever unreal accuracy. I've looked at the Kobold watches and they are stout and seem to be well made and command a pretty good slice for a pretty much average ETA movement non-chonometer version. They kind of hit me like the Dreads that were out and very pricey now you are beginning to see a few coming back into the normal oxygen levels. Long term wear the PO will be a great watch in 20 years and has a decent start of being a modern classic. Then of course you have the dealer network to consider even with the reduction of Omega AD's you can still find one in pretty much every metro area.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I can't qualify comment on a Kobold as I have never owned one. BUT I can say that my PO gets 100% wrist time and I am very very pleased with every aspect of it.:-!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts