WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started this same thread in the public forum but I didn't get much help so I am posting in the Omega forum too. Please help.
Ok so I am about to purchase one of these two watches and would like people's opinion. I am purchasing tomorrow.

I like both watches.

PO XL - I like the orange numbers and want a little orange in my collection. Plus I much prefer the 45.5 size watch.

AT - I like the texture in the face, prefer the 8500 movement, and like the see through back with the case movement.

Click this bar to view the original image of 1024x576px.

Price of the watch is relatively the same. Maybe I am wrong but at the price point the AT seems like the better deal. However, this watches would be a permanent addition to the collection.

Please limit comments to onlythe two the two watches as this is a hard enough decision.​

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
What else is in the collection? Can't go wrong with either, but if it is a 'keeper' then knowing what else you have may help making a recommendation.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Oh, also, if you want an AT but still want some orange... have you considered this?

omega_image.4066288.jpg

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No and you just threw a magnificent alternative in the mix so I officially hate you!!!

As far as my collection, I have Oris F1 Team, Damasko DA 353 Black, Seiko SARB 065 Cocktail Time, Explorer II 40mm Black, Cellini Time, Armani Dress Watch (can't remember the model number right now) and a couple of cheapo homeages.

The PO is only a leather strap.

What is the orange a black seamaster that just rocked my world?

Another thing - note that I wasn't neccassarily looking to add to the collection right now but the two alternatives above really seem like great deals at the moment. Low $2ks. Is that always the market? I haven't seen them this reasonable before.

Both are basically the same price.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The logical choice, if it were for me would be the second gen PO 45.
You get the awesome look of the PO and the 8500 movement and display back which you prefer.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Have definitely considered buying both.
Both are fantastic I wouldn't to give up either the PO is a bit more in your face but that AT just catches light just so goes from simple to complex perfect understated classy watch

·
Registered
638 Posts
I own two po's and the skyfall at.....I think the po is a more versatile piece but the at is a more attractive watch in general for classy/formal occasions. Tough pick....definitely consider both if you can lol.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK so like the watch fiend that I am there was only one logical conclusion...BUY BOTH. So last night I put my offers in at the agreed upon price and....

Wait for it.

The PO sold. So I only got the AT. Woe is me. :)

In reality I am actually kind of happy that someone else bought the PO. I didn't really want to spend the additional cash right now because I have been on an extreme watch bing the last six months and in particular the last 3. So now I have on Omega to add to my collection and although I haven't received the watch yet I am very happen with just one.

Thanks to everyone for your comments except for the SOB Mykii who posted that beautiful AT Master that made me consider dropping the $4k on the best of both worlds. If the AT master was a 45 I wouldn't have even thought twice. As a matter of fact I'm still eying the beauty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts