WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm getting my Ploprof 1200 DLC'd, and need to disassemble it before shipping.
My questions: Does anyone know how to remove the bezel lock button from the case?
I've searched through and through and I cannot find a schematic of the watch that might aide in my disassembly.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
;) u out of ur mind ....

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I'd send it to a full service shop like MCWW. Anxious to see pics, glad it's not my Ploprof going under the knife. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd actually prefer to take it apart myself; you could call me a curious watch owner ;)

As soon as I figure out how to do this, I'm shipping it out to get DLC'd.
Any fellow Ploprof owner's have any suggestions??

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hi all,
I'm getting my Ploprof 1200 DLC'd, and need to disassemble it before shipping.
My questions: Does anyone know how to remove the bezel lock button from the case?
I've searched through and through and I cannot find a schematic of the watch that might aide in my disassembly.

Now I am the first to respect inappropriate dismantling by naive owners such as myself, but please explain why there is any benefit? I mean if there is one, I shall be whipping mine onto the bench, but when I researched it, a ploprof all comes out through the face, after removing the glass - which is beyond me. I am guessing as I write, that you do have to pop the bezel, which I guess is why you ask.

I am curious. Do post pictures.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Depending on condition I would happily trade my new one for a vintage. :)

You need to do a shot of your collection Spacefruit!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I 'assume' that once you have the caseback off, and the movement out, both the push-button mechanism and the HeValve come out towards the interior... but no idea how they're secured in there, and if that's easy or hard.

Good luck with the project, very interested in hearing how it comes out.

The one thing I'd be worried about is all the hard angles... DLC is tough stuff, but it'll come off a sharp angle with normal use... and the Ploprof is nothing but sharp angles.

Let us know how it goes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts