WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just received my Omega PO today in the mail from an AD on the west coast. When I opened the box there were no chronometer and pictogram card and I was also missing the a polishing cloth.

I have contacted the AD who told me to ship it all back since they couldn't find the chronometer card, only the pictogram card. The problem is that I'm going back to Europe on Saturday, so I can't receive the replacement in time. Isn't there a way the dealer can get a new chronometer card from Omega or I can do it myself if I have the 2 other cards? It will be big hassle sending it back again.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Isn't there a way the dealer can get a new chronometer card from Omega or I can do it myself if I have the 2 other cards? It will be big hassle sending it back again.

Any suggestions?
A) Contact Omega
B) Live without the chronometer card / Pictogram & Polishing cloth.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think you need the pictogram card along with the international warranty card to have valid warranty on the watch. This sounds a bit sketchy. Which AD in the west coast did you purchase it from?

My recommendation is as follows, assuming you have the sales receipt and the valid warranty card stamped with AD's name.

1) Contact Omega
2) Delay your trip back to Europe - not sure where you are flying out of, I think if you are in the east coast, chances are you may be able to rebook your flight with no extra cost due to the recent snow storm
3) Ship the PO back to the AD and ask for a replacement and pay for shipping charges to Europe

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
As long as you have your receipt, and warranty card, you can contact Omega's after sales customer service dept. in Bienne, and they'll send you out new cards. It will take several weeks, but they will do it. As for the cloth, the AD should be able to send one. If not, Omega can get you one. Heck..even I could get you one. I have three.:-d Good luck.

;-) KAT

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
I'd call back the AD and make a little bit of a fuss. After all, you purchased a luxury watch which isn't exactly cheap. I'd want the whole set too. It is easy for them to say they can't find the chronometer card and hope you accept that or they can do that they are meant to do and contact Omega themselves to see if they can get a hold of one for you.

Although at the end of the day, you probably don't ever need the chronometer card. Omega never asked for mine when I sent my PO for repair 3 times.

It must be common because when I bought my first SMP Quartz, even thought it was pre-owned, it came with 3 additional cards (warranty,pictogram,chronometer) that belonged to a constellation. I quickly got in contact with the previous owner thinking he owns the constellation and accidentally sent me too many cards. But he tells me that's what it came with from the AD. So someone out there may have a constellation with no cards.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Hello,

I've just received my Omega PO today in the mail from an AD on the west coast. When I opened the box there were no chronometer and pictogram card and I was also missing the a polishing cloth.

I have contacted the AD who told me to ship it all back since they couldn't find the chronometer card, only the pictogram card. The problem is that I'm going back to Europe on Saturday, so I can't receive the replacement in time. Isn't there a way the dealer can get a new chronometer card from Omega or I can do it myself if I have the 2 other cards? It will be big hassle sending it back again.

Any suggestions?
Depends on the day of your departure, if you still have a little time, you can call west cost AD and buy another PO and get it shipped overnight, instead of waiting for replacement.
You can send in your incomplete PO right away back to west cost AD from your current US location or from Europe.
The west cost AD is a very nice guy and they have a 30 day return policy. So just talk to your AD and I'm sure he's going to help you.
I had a better deal from him than from east cost AD(FAD) and in my case everything was top notch.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I had a better deal from him than from east cost AD(FAD) and in my case everything was top notch.

Cheers
Would be curious to hear of your dealings with the other dealer, however to be fair if the West coast dealer was that good they wouldn't have made this mistake in the first place especially given that they are essential to getting warranty coverage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! I have contacted the AD and he will send me the pictogram card along with a cloth or two :) It's the West Coast AD that I was recommended here on WUS, so I am very disappointed that they do not check the expensive stuff that they send out.

I will then contact Omega and see if they can send me a replacement chronograph card even though I might not ever need it. I'm flying out this Saturday January 1st and unfortunately cannot postpone my flight since I have work on Monday. That is why I cannot get a replacement in time plus they were sold out of the PO 2201.50. I do not want to have it shipped to Europe either because they will definitely charge me tax and import duties.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am a bit shocked that this was caused by the West Coast FAD. Though I have not bought a watch from him yet - I bought my Omega PO from the East Coast FD, I have had good conversations with him. I am in the process of buying a Speedy Pro from him. I can't imagine him being so careless about the shipment. Perhaps it was a staff member who put together the package. In any event, the West Coast FAD has 30 day full refund so you shouldn't worry. He's been in this business a long time.

The most important thing is that you got a good price on a nice watch.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Mathew J; however to be fair if the West coast dealer was that good they wouldn't have made this mistake in the first place especially given that they are essential to getting warranty coverage.[/QUOTE said:
Hey Mathew, I bought watches from FAD in the past as well as from West cost AD. Mistakes happen...
The good thing about west cost AD that he is still an Omega Authorized Dealer ( you can solve any problems on the base of Omega policies) and his prices much lower than FAD's, who is no longer an Omega AD and whose AD status wasn't clear for prolonged time.:think:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree with OmegaForce - based on my limited experience, the west coast FAD has been terrific. He always returns my calls, and keeps his word about calling me back about status of some watches. He tells me straight whether he has the watches in stock or not and never dances around. And the best about him is flexibility - his prices are trulythe lowest I was able to find anywhere here in the U.S. Plus, no tax and shipping charge is simply terrific.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Thanks guys! I have contacted the AD and he will send me the pictogram card along with a cloth or two :) It's the West Coast AD that I was recommended here on WUS, so I am very disappointed that they do not check the expensive stuff that they send out.

I will then contact Omega and see if they can send me a replacement chronograph card even though I might not ever need it. I'm flying out this Saturday January 1st and unfortunately cannot postpone my flight since I have work on Monday. That is why I cannot get a replacement in time plus they were sold out of the PO 2201.50. I do not want to have it shipped to Europe either because they will definitely charge me tax and import duties.
Hi Philinit,

Hopefully you'll get your chronometer card replacement from Omega. Just keep your receipt and the warranty card, that's what you need for the warranty coverage in case if you ever need it.
Good luck receiving your replacement card and have a safe trip to Europe |>

Please let us know about the end of this story, thanks.

"Dave"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the advice OmegaForce! Despite the mistake, the west coast AD does seem really good at returning my calls and letting me know when they have the watch that I wanted in stock. The ordering and shipping part to NY was smooth too with a good price. I have had a good experience with the F(A)D but wanted to try the west coast one since he was authorized. Anyway, now I just need to get those 2 missing cards to complete my collection.

I will let you guys know what it all ends with. :)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Hey Mathew, I bought watches from FAD in the past as well as from West cost AD. Mistakes happen...
The good thing about west cost AD that he is still an Omega Authorized Dealer ( you can solve any problems on the base of Omega policies) and his prices much lower than FAD's, who is no longer an Omega AD and whose AD status wasn't clear for prolonged time.:think:
So I understand mistakes happen, have had them happen to me from well established local dealers though never involving paperwork, mostly around boxes or accessories as they typically keep the watches and what not in the safe and the people doing the selling aren't that knowledgable about them.

However in reading your post it seems you're implying something a bit "sinister" around the "East Coast" dealers situation and giving creedence to the West Coast one solely because they are still sanctioned by Omega.

I'd just like to add that having bought luxury items from many sources in the past I typically found that regardless of one being "authorised" or not the level of service was more in line with the manner of the dealer or their establishment...in some cases I have gotten better resolve from non authorised dealers of products than I have from those which were FWIW, but as always YMMV.

As far as the status issue you mention of the dealer in question, fair enough but again does said dealer make it a point to come onto these boards? did anyone think to ask....in reading your reply I would presume you're suggesting this information wasn't readily given up however it seems if I recall correctly that when asked the individual in question had no reservations about explaining the situation. And for pricing I quoted them both and the price difference was minor when I last checked

Not trying to say that the other dealer is "bad" just that no one is perfect, as witnessed in this thread.

I guess the reality is that many will opt to now pass over the old recommended dealer for the new, presumably because of their status as an AD (though if they continue to discount one has to wonder how long that will last) and slightly lower pricing, I hope that stories like these will be the exception

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
As far as the status issue you mention of the dealer in question, fair enough but again does said dealer make it a point to come onto these boards? did anyone think to ask....in reading your reply I would presume you're suggesting this information wasn't readily given up however it seems if I recall correctly that when asked the individual in question had no reservations about explaining the situation. And for pricing I quoted them both and the price difference was minor when I last checked
As far as i remember and you're welcome to check this through the search, when the FAD's company name was taken from official Omega web site people were in questions if the FAD is still an AD and somebody on this forum tried to cover up his AD status (Why he would do that????) until the owner of the WUS Ernie Romers mentioned in one of the threads that FAD is not an AD.

Not trying to say that the other dealer is "bad" just that no one is perfect, as witnessed in this thread.
That's correct nobody perfect, including West cost AD, that why it happened to OP.

I guess the reality is that many will opt to now pass over the old recommended dealer for the new, presumably because of their status as an AD (though if they continue to discount one has to wonder how long that will last) and slightly lower pricing, I hope that stories like these will be the exception
Couldn't agree more.

As far as the difference in the prices it is a big enough right now at least for me, that's why I recently bought another PO from West cost AD.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have been on the phone many times with this AD in question at 7:00pm EST and purchased a watch to have it on my wrist 13 hours later in NC. Has this AD ever made a mistake in one of my many dealings? Yes. Has he ALWAYS made good on the mistake? YES. Could the mistake have been b/c I rushed him to size, box and ship a watch in like 30 min????? Most other dealers would never jump through the hoops this one has for me. This AD has sent me watchs to Afghanistan. Prices have always been very, very fair. I trust this AD 100% and would never even think of buying any brand he has from someone other than him. I always contact him first to see if he has a used piece I may be looking b/f I buy as well.

In regards to the OP, I am sure this AD will take care of you.

Edit: I just received an email from MY FAD who is on the West Coast and I assumed this was the AD in question. I do not think we are talking about the same AD. The above information is in regards to him. If you would like to know which AD I am talking about just shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
somebody on this forum tried to cover up his AD status (Why he would do that????) until the owner of the WUS Ernie Romers mentioned in one of the threads that FAD is not an AD.
So by this I take it you're some how transferring blame from that individual here who attempted the coverup onto the dealer in question, are you presuming there was some sort of collaboration between the two on that or just guessing...

From what I have read the "former" dealer in question has been quick and honest with telling people about his situation so shouldn't that be what he is judged against, not the actions of a third party here.

And if we are going off of internet comments, has anyone bothered to do a google search for the West Coast AD and read on their less than glowing feedback.

Again as we both agree, everyone has their off day and makes a mistake, just depends on how often and to what degree the mistake will impact.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would probably have gone with the East Coast FAD if it was not because I travel to So. Cali at least once a year and I have only been in DC once. This probably does not matter with a watch under warranty, but it gives me some sort of peace of mind.

Happy New Year everyone!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
... are you presuming there was some sort of collaboration between the two on that ...
No matter what happened in that situation, I would still buy watch from former AD ( I should give him a credit for an excellent service), if the price was right, but the West coast AD has much better deal in addition to the fact he's an active Omega AD, which gives me more confidence.
At the end of the day it's personal choice, where you wanna spend your money.

Best regards,
"Dave"

·
Registered
186 Posts
And if we are going off of internet comments, has anyone bothered to do a google search for the West Coast AD and read on their less than glowing feedback.
I thought the Yelp and other comments on the West Coast FAD are decent. Not spectacular, but decent (4 stars). Most of those reviews dealt with repair and service. Since I don't plan to have the West Coast FAD service my watches (I live on Long Island), so that really does not concern me. Someone posted the pictures of the Swatch service center in LA which didn't look very nice and elegant either.

The most important thing is does the West Coast FAD provide authentic watches at the cheapest available price and yet is still an Omega AD? The answer is undoubtedly Yes. So many people will purchase from him simply for the fact that he is still AD and provides very competitive prices.

Will I purchase again from the East Coast former AD? You bet I will! To the extent he still has watches in his inventory that he acquired from Omega when he was an AD, I would purchase from him again, no doubt. But based on my experience, the West Coast AD is a little bit more flexible in terms of pricing (i.e., more willing to negotiate) and that no shipping charge is a plus as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts