WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am newbie here and this is my first post.
I finally have enough money to spend on a fine watch and will need your opinion in buying my first one; my budget will be around U$3000
After narrowing down my options, this is what i have in mind
Either Omega planet Ocean or Bond 212.30.41.20.01.002.(or maybe other recommended brands and model???)
I checked that they both have Omega calibre 2500 inside.
As physical appearance, i like Bond 212.30.41.20.01.002 better, especially the straps, its really nice.

Could anyone please tell me if any body have any other opinions?

Thankyou
Tony

·
Registered
135 Posts
i think u should buy what u like d most...(most reply would probably sound pretty much like this)

but for me i'll choose po over bond,cause i think po design is much more contemporary(just my opinion)

as for the brand,for its price u do get what you pay for....quality and elegant timepiece,definitely worth your money:-!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Which ever one is scratching you harder is the one to get.

imo they are 2 very different watches that pull about the same duties minus the extra depth on the PO. The PO is definitely more modern, but has nice vintage highlights within. Some might say the bond is dated.

The PO has a much taller profile ~14.5mm vs ~11.7mm. Both can be worn with anything, but because of it's profile I feel the bond is a better dress watch. I have that bond and I've tried on the PO several times....they are both very very nice watches and if your looking for buttery smooth comfort from a bracelet the bond wins easy.

PO has double-sided AR coating the bond has single internal. Do you like the skeleton hands? Some don't.

Good luck you have 2 very solid choices!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about in terms of the movement inside?
I heard that the PO has more better movement compared to the Bond version.
Is this true?

If i compare Tag Carrerra to any of these 2 watch(PO and Bond), which one is better?

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Movement is the same in the 2. I'm not familiar with present day Tag watches my apologies.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How about in terms of the movement inside?
I heard that the PO has more better movement compared to the Bond version.
Is this true?

If i compare Tag Carrerra to any of these 2 watch(PO and Bond), which one is better?

Thanks
Tony
well i could not say much on the comparison....btw both are good brand,but they cater to different type/category of consumer(luxury & pseudo-luxury)

u can check out the table at the end of the page on this link
http://www.chronocentric.com/watches/brands.shtml#breakdown

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI everyone,

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate that.

One more comparison model
Omega GMT 2535.80.00.
Is this a good model as well? can it be compared with PO and Bond version? (in terms of movement, durability, style, etc)

What watch would you buy if you have U$3000 for budget?

Thanks once again
Tony

·
Registered
471 Posts
PO all the way! I tried on a lot of watches before buying my PO including the Bond, and the wrist presence of the PO is just unbeatable.

·
Registered
630 Posts
HI everyone,

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate that.

One more comparison model
Omega GMT 2535.80.00.
Is this a good model as well? can it be compared with PO and Bond version? (in terms of movement, durability, style, etc)

What watch would you buy if you have U$3000 for budget?

Thanks once again
Tony
Pretty much the same as the Bond but with GMT function. I'd assume all that should have comparable durability and identical co-axial movement (with GMT function added). Style...well they're all pretty cool but that's just my opinion. I would buy a SMP GMT 2234.50 and find a used 2254.50, but that's just me...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi there and Welcome! - another Sydney-sider;-)

If you are tossing up between the PO and the Bond - then you should probably go for the Bond as quite simply, it will cost you a lot less.

They are very different sort of watches really - and you will certainly feel this when you try them on in the shop. but of course a big price difference.

Best of luck deciding, you are ganna need it:-d

Regards, Buzz.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all,

I just visited a local shop in the city just now, and was viewing this AT 231.10.42.21.02.001. it looks elegance as well. now i am putting all of these in comparisons, makes me more confuse in which one im going to opt. Im thinking to increase my budget to around $4000 now.:-s

Any idea ?
Can I compare the PO 42mm , Bond 212.30.41.20.01.002 and AT
Totally confused o|

thanks for any opinions or comments:-!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go for the one you originally wanted, the thing with buying a watch is that once you have the money you start looking at different models for about the same cost. I always wanted a PO but when it came to the purchase I liked the look of the Bond on my wrist. I bought the PO in the end, because I knew that it was the original one I had always wanted. I would hate to buy a watch and then think what if..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi All,

I am newbie here and this is my first post.
I finally have enough money to spend on a fine watch and will need your opinion in buying my first one; my budget will be around U$3000
After narrowing down my options, this is what i have in mind
Either Omega planet Ocean or Bond 212.30.41.20.01.002.(or maybe other recommended brands and model???)
I checked that they both have Omega calibre 2500 inside.
As physical appearance, i like Bond 212.30.41.20.01.002 better, especially the straps, its really nice.

Could anyone please tell me if any body have any other opinions?

Thankyou
Tony
Welcome!!
I actually have most of the watches in question :-d.
I was faced with the same options as well last year but i went with the black bond because i had been waiting for it since it was first announced.
But i think the PO virus never really left me since then, which led me to order a PO last weekend :-d.
From what i know, the PO and the 212.30.41.20.01.002 have the same movement (cal.2500), the extra you pay for the PO is for the higher water resistance (and maybe the double anti-reflective coating crystal as well?).
I actually wouldn't compare TH and Omega as i think they are on different levels, simply because Omega "refines" their movements (except cal.85xx) but TH doesn't (please correct me if i'm wrong guys).
I have a Carrera Tachy (if this is the one you are referring to), it is a beautiful watch, it's got the classic design hints with modern looks and love the see thru caseback.
From my experience so far, i find the cal.2500 performs more consistent/stable than the valjoux 7750 in my Carrera Tachy, although it's still running within COSC specs.
Hopefully this helps and good luck!! :-!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Isn't the PO also considered a Bond? Or do you guys refer to the Bond as the original Blue Bond from the earlier movies?

·
Registered
136 Posts
The GMT blue is slightly different blue then the Bond Blue. I say get the GMT Bond IF you like the Bond straps better.

I personally like the Bland Bond or the GMT Bond over the PO as far as looks go that is. I personally been tossing the idea of selling my Breitling and getting a Bond GMT myself.

Go with what you like Best as everyone else said, you'll be happier in the end. Good luck:-!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi All,

Another comments just came from my partner. She told me just to wait and not spend any money on any watches yet. Just do a bit more saving, then go straight for Rolex.

hahahahaha
But i think Rolex is way to fancy, If i get a Rolex, i would probably buy the one that has gold and diamond, and i cant wear this as a daily casual watch.

any opinions ???:-d

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi All,

Another comments just came from my partner. She told me just to wait and not spend any money on any watches yet. Just do a bit more saving, then go straight for Rolex.

hahahahaha
But i think Rolex is way to fancy, If i get a Rolex, i would probably buy the one that has gold and diamond, and i cant wear this as a daily casual watch.

any opinions ???:-d
Well I'm pretty sure the gold Rollies are quite a step up in price but why not save for a DSSD |>

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Your AU$4,000 is coming up close to a used Rolex Sub. price in Sydney - (may need another $500) - if you want to go that way. Just remember rolexes will cost a fair bit more to service. or add a couple of hundred and walk out with a brand new PO. :-!

Trust me on this one... The more you think, the harder it gets!:-d

1 - 20 of 26 Posts