WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love this little watch. Thought I'd share some pictures and basic info on this little gem, a blast from the past that's just as relevant and fully functional today.

Features include:

• Circa 1990 or later.
  • Movement: 1665B (the updated movement).
  • Stainless steel with real gold inlay (nice!).
  • Beautiful, utterly comfortable integrated bracelet.
  • 36mm L-2-L; 37.5mm diameter w/ crown. Perfect size for this kind of dress watch with subtle sports functions.
  • 30M WR.

Digital-display functions include:

1. Seconds & Date
  2. Day & Date
  3. Current Time
  4. Alarm
  5. Chronograph
  6. 2nd Time Zone
  7. Time Count-down
  8. No Digital Display (plain dial with Omega and Seamaster text)

All functions operate via the crown, which pulls, pushes and depresses with a confident click. The digital display is visually sharp, bright and distinct. The tone and brightness of the digital display are very consistent with the permanent Omega and Seamaster text in nearly every lighting condition, outdoor or indoor. What an easy watch to wear, stare at, and operate!

Below are pictures. Sorry for 1) smudges on the otherwise perfect crystal, and for 2) amazingly primitive cellphone picture quality. :-(

Digital display: Seconds & Date

Digital display: Day & Date

Digital display: Current Time

Digital display: Alarm (current on "Off")

Digital display: Chronometer

Digital display: 2nd Time Zone

Digital display: Time Countdown

Digital display: Off

Lovely timepiece! Reminds me of the early designs by certain other luxury watchmakers. Cheers for looking!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Once glance at it, one WUS would know it's "Omega". A symbol of a quality company, and a good watch! Nice multifunction Seamaster! Classic.

Louis

·
Registered
648 Posts
A lovely and interesting piece! Sir, you always bring the good stuff. I've not previously seen a fusion of two-toned metals brought together in that way. Cool watch, for sure. The functionality looks remarkably similar to that of a similar early generation Breitling Aerospace. I'll bet they share a common core platform to their respective ETA-based movements.

Enjoy it, and cheers!

Dave

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I see these for sale once in a while and I always enjoy looking at them. I think they're great

·
Registered
9,867 Posts
Nice looking 'vintage' piece.
Thanks for posting, enjoyed the pictures too. |>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts