WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Which Country is that for ?

Here in Australia the SMP300M price has already increased by 4%. The other models didn’t change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Rolex increased the prices early this year so i think it is just a matter of time before Omega follow suit, however, Feb 1st is not yet confirmed as far as I know especially when the pricing of the Diver line was recently increased in Dec.

Reactions: JJ312

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
It seems strawberries go up in price every week now. I am not suprised at this.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This doesn't look real. The quality of the document itself is suspect, but calling your new prices a disappointment is something a brand with any PR capability whatsoever would avoid, and the last bump came without any visual aids. This is shrewd and blunt. I'll believe it if/when I see it.

·
Registered
39,251 Posts
Didn’t they just increase like weeks ago??
The Seamaster I went to see was re-tagged from 4900 to 5100. I saw the same change on an AD website.

Reactions: I expedite

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
That looks like an email newsletter. If I compare it to other newsletters I've received recently, none of the fonts look right.

I'm guessing its a fake.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Rolex drives customers to Omega with their lack of supply. Omega drives them right back to Rolex with their constant price increases. :ROFLMAO:

Did 300m prices go up in the last overall increase? I'm in Canada and doesn't look like our price changed, mine with bracelet was listed for $7,050 before, and is still that amount on an AD's website.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Rolex drives customers to Omega with their lack of supply. Omega drives them right back to Rolex with their constant price increases. :ROFLMAO:

Did 300m prices go up in the last overall increase? I'm in Canada and doesn't look like our price changed, mine with bracelet was listed for $7,050 before, and is still that amount on an AD's website.
Yes, bracelet went from $7,050 to $7,400 ($5,832 USD) and strap from $6,600 to $6,900 ($5,438 USD). Omega’s pricing is really turning me off of them. Canada already paid far over the equivalent SMP in the US (exchange adjusted) before the bump, yet our price increase was bigger. We can’t go to the grey market or used from the US because our government taxes us around 18% on entry, wiping out any savings. As much as I respect people who serve in the military in the US, Omega’s AAFES sale is a big “f*** you” to everyone else on earth. As public servants in Canada, we cannot accept any discount that could be seen as a conflict of interest - which Omega’s pricing scheme through AAFES for current military members would be. We don’t get any discounts here of any kind and have to pay full price, but then flippers flood the international market with them, driving down our resale values. Telling one customer he can pay $4,200 CAD, but charging another customer $6,900 CAD is insulting, and further increasing those margins makes customers look elsewhere. I have no doubt that Omega will increase prices again this year, and the increase will be large and disproportionately large for markets other than the US. The basic Hesalite/nylon Speedmaster at $8,100 is already a ripoff ($600 over US pricing at the current exchange), so I’d rather wait for the Rolex if Omega goes any higher. Rolex prices are considerably lower in Canada than the US, and it would be nice to not get totally shafted on resale.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks. I looked at European Jewellers before posting today and saw $7,050 still.

Gotta go grey buying an Omega in Canada to save a few bucks unless you're making purchases towards a Rolex.
What are our grey options? Jomashop gives the option of paying tax/duty up front at $700+ on a slightly discounted Seamaster, with possible addition of ~2% on the exchange rate. Waiting for delivery and gambling on the fees could add a couple hundred more for brokerage fees from the crooks at UPS/DHL/FedEx, bringing that total to $1,000. Any foreign used purchases risk an 18%+ tax bill (on top of those stupid brokerage fees). UPS/FedEx/DHL absolutely collect every applicable penny. Buying dodgy local used seems to be the only choice, and I’m really concerned about fakes, considering it’s an effective scam. This makes the AD the only logical answer, even if Omega is screwing us.

Jomashop example: hesalite Moonwatch on bracelet, MSRP at $6,300 US or $8,550 CAD. Jomashop charges $960.38 US in tax/duty up front on the $5,670 US Moonwatch bringing the total to $6,630 US, or $8,405 CAD before exchange fees are factored in. That’s full retail after exchange fees (granted, taxes are paid but it’s easy to dodge PST within Canada). It’s bad to want Omegas here.

Product Font Line Screenshot Rectangle

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
It seems strawberries go up in price every week now. I am not suprised at this.
But is there a shortage on the production line? There are dir strawberries in Australia, not enough staff to pick them.

Also, an Omega isn't really a necessity.

I get they are rising prices, no real issue. But it's been what now in the last 12--4 months? Three?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I was listening to a watch podcast this morning. They were discussing that 150 million people worldwide are joining the middle class. With Rolex unavailable at retail I'm guessing Omega is looking to cash in.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts