WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
Omega AT Day Date SS, Omega De Ville Trésor YG, Omega Speedmaster Co-Axial Sapphire 3861
4,098 Posts
A fake of course but eventually the price will increase.
Buy everything to avoid

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
But is there a shortage on the production line? There are dir strawberries in Australia, not enough staff to pick them.

Also, an Omega isn't really a necessity.

I get they are rising prices, no real issue. But it's been what now in the last 12--4 months? Three?
We have had everything, floods, worker shortage to name a few. I do run a business and logistics is going up every week. We are also dealing with issues at ports, covid mandated shutdowns that's adding to the mayhem. When supply of one product is constrained (aluminum, steel) it affets the raw material pricing of finished products exponentially.

I am sure Swatch is dealing with that at many levels. Now they make luxury goods so have higher than normal margins, which is why they are absorbing some of it. But I am certain they are also noting the rising demand for some of their models.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Why u moaning at 11 dollars increase u can afford the time
Because it’s not just the $11 dollars. Here in Miami just about every fast food place has jacked up their meal prices by $1.50-2.00. A dinner at a regular restaurant is no longer $40, it’s now $60. I restaurant I go to every so often, just jacked up a meal I eat by $8.00. It’s a whole raise in prices across the board but yet no wage increase. The $15 minimum wage passed here and since it did everything has gone up which defeats the purpose of the increase. And just because I can afford the time, which I take it you mean the watch, doesn’t mean I agree with every other price hike.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Because it’s not just the $11 dollars. Here in Miami just about every fast food place has jacked up their meal prices by $1.50-2.00. A dinner at a regular restaurant is no longer $40, it’s now $60. I restaurant I go to every so often, just jacked up a meal I eat by $8.00. It’s a whole raise in prices across the board but yet no wage increase. The $15 minimum wage passed here and since it did everything has gone up which defeats the purpose of the increase. And just because I can afford the time, which I take it you mean the watch, doesn’t mean I agree with every other price hike.
I would ignore him, joined 1 hr ago, nickname of Don Corleone (typo'd to Corelone) and this was his first post. Probably a troll/spam acct

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saw this at another Omega forum:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It’s quiet possible as last year Omega only increased the prices of the Seamaster 300m professional. The rest of the collection prices weren’t changed. So, I’m sure the price increase for the other collections is due.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
It’s quiet possible as last year Omega only increased the prices of the Seamaster 300m professional. The rest of the collection prices weren’t changed. So, I’m sure the price increase for the other collections is due.
Omega increased prices across the board in August too I thought?

EDIT: wait nevermind, that was the price increase to dealers, not MSRP increase.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I haven’t been looking at Omega prices for long, but having shopped lately I was told there are changes with distribution occurring. We only have an official boutique in Manhattan. Other dealers like Jared’s and the like are secondary official dealers. The manager told me they lost Breitling and are not receiving any Omegas in the foreseeable future. If you have a particular watch you want, they offer to try to locate one for you but can’t promise anything. Not sure if it’s this store, region or just brands selling through other venues. Jomashop told me 3-6 months for a Speedmaster auto coaxial and that was hopeful. They weren’t sure when they would even get one. Since this is my first foray into the Omega world, not sure if this is usual or a sign of the global times. Either way, looks like used!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Yes, bracelet went from $7,050 to $7,400 ($5,832 USD) and strap from $6,600 to $6,900 ($5,438 USD). Omega’s pricing is really turning me off of them. Canada already paid far over the equivalent SMP in the US (exchange adjusted) before the bump, yet our price increase was bigger. We can’t go to the grey market or used from the US because our government taxes us around 18% on entry, wiping out any savings. As much as I respect people who serve in the military in the US, Omega’s AAFES sale is a big “f*** you” to everyone else on earth. As public servants in Canada, we cannot accept any discount that could be seen as a conflict of interest - which Omega’s pricing scheme through AAFES for current military members would be. We don’t get any discounts here of any kind and have to pay full price, but then flippers flood the international market with them, driving down our resale values. Telling one customer he can pay $4,200 CAD, but charging another customer $6,900 CAD is insulting, and further increasing those margins makes customers look elsewhere. I have no doubt that Omega will increase prices again this year, and the increase will be large and disproportionately large for markets other than the US. The basic Hesalite/nylon Speedmaster at $8,100 is already a ripoff ($600 over US pricing at the current exchange), so I’d rather wait for the Rolex if Omega goes any higher. Rolex prices are considerably lower in Canada than the US, and it would be nice to not get totally shafted on resale.
As a Canadian, have to say this is the best take on Omega’s pricing in our country - well said.

If it were for the 22% discount I got on my 3861 Hesalite, no way I would have bought it. Like you, I’m only working with ADs for Rolex now. There are some good grey dealers through Canadian watch forums, but none are the size of say DavidSW. On top, if you don’t live in Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver, just seeing watches to try on is a real chore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
What are our grey options? Jomashop gives the option of paying tax/duty up front at $700+ on a slightly discounted Seamaster, with possible addition of ~2% on the exchange rate. Waiting for delivery and gambling on the fees could add a couple hundred more for brokerage fees from the crooks at UPS/DHL/FedEx, bringing that total to $1,000. Any foreign used purchases risk an 18%+ tax bill (on top of those stupid brokerage fees). UPS/FedEx/DHL absolutely collect every applicable penny. Buying dodgy local used seems to be the only choice, and I’m really concerned about fakes, considering it’s an effective scam. This makes the AD the only logical answer, even if Omega is screwing us.

Jomashop example: hesalite Moonwatch on bracelet, MSRP at $6,300 US or $8,550 CAD. Jomashop charges $960.38 US in tax/duty up front on the $5,670 US Moonwatch bringing the total to $6,630 US, or $8,405 CAD before exchange fees are factored in. That’s full retail after exchange fees (granted, taxes are paid but it’s easy to dodge PST within Canada). It’s bad to want Omegas here.

View attachment 16356217
You need to look up other Canadian watch forums.. because there are some decent greys out there in Canada. Many of them lost their inventory on IG too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Go to Omega’s website, click on the Speedmaster section and filter by watches in stock. I would say 80% of the models are out of stock. This is typical before a price increase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
I haven’t been looking at Omega prices for long, but having shopped lately I was told there are changes with distribution occurring. We only have an official boutique in Manhattan. Other dealers like Jared’s and the like are secondary official dealers. The manager told me they lost Breitling and are not receiving any Omegas in the foreseeable future. If you have a particular watch you want, they offer to try to locate one for you but can’t promise anything. Not sure if it’s this store, region or just brands selling through other venues. Jomashop told me 3-6 months for a Speedmaster auto coaxial and that was hopeful. They weren’t sure when they would even get one. Since this is my first foray into the Omega world, not sure if this is usual or a sign of the global times. Either way, looks like used!
Omega adopted a policy years ago that disallowed ADs to be within a certain distance from their boutiques, so that explains why you wont find many Omega ADs in Manhattan. However, there are still a few ADs that are not boutiques: https://www.omegawatches.com/store/search/new+york

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
It seems the price increase is global which sucks for Canada. I hope this doesn't include SMP Diver 300 which just went through a price increase.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts