Condition: mint
Movement: Omega 2403A Co-Axial automatic
Crystal: sapphire crystal Front and rear, with AR coating
Case: Stainless steel case, brushed & polished
Dimensions: 41 mm diameter
Caseback: screw-in, steel
Crown: screw-down
Dial: black dial
Strap/bracelet: Calfskin strap, OEM SS bracelet sized, but unworn (includes all removed links)
WR: 150 meters/500 Feet
Both boxes, Manual, Card holder with Pictograms, Chronometer certificate,
Grey Market warranty card (out of warranty), hang tags

IMG_0505.JPG

After much internal debate and not a small amount of agony over the almost certain seller’s remorse to come, I am selling my 41mm Railmaster, Ref. No. 2502.5200, with the 2403 A movement, purchased new by me in December 2006. I bought this thinking it would be my casual dress watch, to compliment my dressier suit & tie Aqua Terra 2500, but in the last 10 years or so I have realized I am stuck on chronographs. Consequently, this watch got worn no more than a few dozen times, at best. That’s a waste of a great watch, and I need some funds and room on the winder for a new Chrono... So this gorgeously designed ‘time-only’ piece of horological arm candy needs a new owner who will fully appreciate it.

I set up a photo album in Photobucket and along with some favorite recent shots, I wanted to take some fresh detail shots, to show full condition of the watch. You can see it here: Railmaster Photos by pgoat | Photobucket

Please note, the first 12 images with the blue background were just taken today (January 25, 2015), with natural window light only. In these shots, you can see the red dot is still there on the back, indicating the watch has never been opened.

I went over the whole watch today with a loupe and did not see ANY marks, aside from a speck or baby swirl which were so incredibly microscopic I honestly think they’re not worth mentioning. But I still think the buyer deserves to know exactly what they are getting for their money. I look at every tiny link with a loupe when I buy used...and I’m usually okay with minor dings as long as I know about them going in. So that's what I've tried to be completely up front about here as the seller; and I can honestly say I'd be ecstatic with the condition of this one if I were receiving it. No dings, scratches or other issues that I could see. (btw, I sold some affordables for under $100 on Watchuseek last year, but I do have watch feedback for nicer pieces on ebay. Just check user “taogp” and dig back to 2003-2005, when I sold off some Seikos, Oris, and Glycines to start funding my Omega habit.

IMG_0507.JPG

There are four items to note for the prospective buyer:

1. I purchased the watch from Amazon.com, so it did not come with an Omega warranty card. Having said that, it is obviously authentic, with the standard inner red leather & outer white Omega boxes, and the red Omega Chronometer certification and pictograms cards inside their cream-colored leather Omega card holder. It also has its Amazon warranty card and I can include a copy of the original shipping invoice. Also included are the two grey and cream colored plastic Omega hang tags, and owner’s manual.

2. For some reason, the last time I looked at the red leather inner box, the lid is not staying upright when open; my only guess is perhaps the hinge area loosened up over the years from sitting. In any case, the box still looks beautiful, but I wanted to mention for full disclosure.

3. This model came on a steel bracelet; I did have the bracelet sized right after buying it (the watch will come with the extra links, of course), but then immediately taken off to keep it in perfect shape, and replaced it with an inexpensively priced brown calfskin 21mm strap. That is the current strap on the watch; it was actually a great looking and soft smooth leather for the money but has not aged well; just from the few wears and sitting on the winder, the strap has started falling apart, so while it’s still functioning fine, you will want to either reinstall the bracelet or (better still, in my opinion) buy a top quality alligator/crocodile strap befitting this awesome timepiece. The bracelet in its current sizing should fit a 7.75” wrist perfectly, and a 7.5” loosely.

4. I’ve kept it on a winder most of the time the last year or two; prior to that the watch sat in its box for several years and as of a two years ago sometimes required a gentle tap to start up from a complete stop. I imagine the oils may have dried up a bit after it sat unworn (prior to that, it always started right up the first 6-7 years I owned it, no matter how long it sat in the box). The watch is keeping excellent time once running, and is currently extremely accurate and running smoothly.

IMG_0503.JPG

We all know these watches are in demand and not so easy to come by. Because this one is an extremely well preserved safe queen, and comes with all the box and papers, I am asking $3000.

If you have any questions at all, please just let me know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
for size reference; this is the 41mm (excluding crown) case, on a 7 5/8" wrist - I'm actually right in between that and 7.75" (about 194 mm) and I'm 5'8"

IMG_1935_zps2b99d994.jpg DSC03332_zpsd6a5d90a.jpg DSC03387_zpsba45a8c9.jpg DSC03360_zps5a74d85e.jpg 20131207002_zpse8ab1b78.jpg

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you do not care about the bracelet, I can use that for another Omega I have, and I will sell the Railmaster on the current strap for $2650 shipped in the CONUS.

In other words, everything shown in the photobucket album, boxes, tags, manual, etc. Just not the metal bracelet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TGIF bump - and a two-option price drop:

$2900 shipped in the CONUS

or

$2600 shipped in the CONUS without the bracelet (just on the strap as you see it).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Happy St. Patty's to all, from rainy NYC.

Price drop - $2500 watch on the strap (no Bracelet) - includes shipping in USA and Paypal fees if you pay that way.

I've added a few pics to the photo bucket album to show some extremely faint hairlines which only showed up when I was examining under a very bright halogen lamp the other day. The watch still looks mint for all intents and purposes, but pics added for full disclosure - as a buyer I know I hate unpleasant surprises!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts