WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought and fitted this today. Sorry for the quality of the photo, just a quickie to show the strap.
I'm very happy with it as it dresses down the Seamaster a tad which goes better with jeans etc plus I can always put the bracelet back on when needed. :-!

For those interested, the strap was bought from the Omega Boutique Westfield and is the 98000085 reference number, with Omega pin and buckle ref 94512012.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Looks great, i just got the same for my SMP-GMT. Just haven't gotten around to switch it out.
Enjoy!
Q

·
Registered
928 Posts
Congrats!

I absolutely love the look and bought the same strap for my 2254.50:

21_2254_OEM_Rubber.jpg

I found it OK to wear, but being critical I found the rubber a little hard and the edges of the strap had a tendency to dig into my wrist. My other criticism was that I was worried about the longevity of the long end of the strap, fearing the strap might break due to bending at the hole position used (although I've not heard of this happening).

Ultimately, I flipped it in favour of an isofrane which I find more comfortable to wear, even though it doesn't look anywhere near as good.

Hope you enjoy yours :-!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Congrats!

I absolutely love the look and bought the same strap for my 2254.50

I found it OK to wear, but being critical I found the rubber a little hard and the edges of the strap had a tendency to dig into my wrist. My other criticism was that I was worried about the longevity of the long end of the strap, fearing the strap might break due to bending at the hole position used (although I've not heard of this happening).

Ultimately, I flipped it in favour of an isofrane which I find more comfortable to wear, even though it doesn't look anywhere near as good.

Hope you enjoy yours :-!
Thanks, love your 2254.50 - a classic.
So far I have found the strap very comfortable all day.
However I do tend to wear my watches with a bit of wiggle room and not too tight so maybe that's why I haven't found it 'dig in'?
Either way, it's a keeper for me just wish it wasn't quite so expensive.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks, love your 2254.50 - a classic.
So far I have found the strap very comfortable all day.
However I do tend to wear my watches with a bit of wiggle room and not too tight so maybe that's why I haven't found it 'dig in'?
Either way, it's a keeper for me just wish it wasn't quite so expensive.
Great - glad you are finding it comfortable. I must admit I've not heard anyone else complain about it and that strap has been around for ages so it must just be me!

I love the flexibility of changing an SMP from bracelet onto rubber - completely changes the look of the watch. I've been wearing mine on rubber quite a bit this summer, especially at the beach where the sand might scratch up the bracelet. Then when you fancy a change you can go back to the bracelet again.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
....I love the flexibility of changing an SMP from bracelet onto rubber - completely changes the look of the watch. I've been wearing mine on rubber quite a bit this summer, especially at the beach where the sand might scratch up the bracelet. Then when you fancy a change you can go back to the bracelet again.
Exactly, I'm thinking most of the time on rubber as I dress casually a lot (work from home!) Special events/dressing up a bit - whip on the bracelet! Everyone's a winner! ;-)

·
Registered
29 Posts
OP: Is this the strap with reference #98000085 and buckle reference #94512012? I have been told by AD that this strap is not originally meant for SMPc, but that it should fit anyway. Is it hard to replace it by yourself with no special tools? I can't really get my bracelet to fit properly. Hate it when it slips all the way down to my wrist. And when I spread my fingers I can feel this annoying tension.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
OP: Is this the strap with reference #98000085 and buckle reference #94512012? I have been told by AD that this strap is not originally meant for SMPc, but that it should fit anyway. Is it hard to replace it by yourself with no special tools? I can't really get my bracelet to fit properly. Hate it when it slips all the way down to my wrist. And when I spread my fingers I can feel this annoying tension.
I'm not on my computer to double check, but I'm 99% sure that's the one I have for my SMPc. The strap fits full-size SMP from 2254.50 to SMPc. It will not fit my SMPc chronograph and leaves a gap between the case and strap.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Dude! I just went back to see the first post on my iPad and that post already answers your question. He's got the ref # listed and it's on his SMPc.

So, you just need a Bergeon 6767-F tool, or have a local qualified watchmaker install it if your worried about scratching your watch lugs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dude! I just went back to see the first post on my iPad and that post already answers your question. He's got the ref # listed and it's on his SMPc.

So, you just need a Bergeon 6767-F tool, or have a local qualified watchmaker install it if your worried about scratching your watch lugs.
Ooops, sorry for that, must be too early in the morning (not functioning well yet). I did not look under the picture. And thanks for the info on tool.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One more question, I am really looking for a nice Omega rubber strap, preferably with the deployment clasp. AD said the only one which officially fits is 98000037 with 94521813. But I do not like the stitches on that one.
Does anyone know if this strap would also fit?
OME-97996082

Thank you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
One more question, I am really looking for a nice Omega rubber strap, preferably with the deployment clasp. AD said the only one which officially fits is 98000037 with 94521813. But I do not like the stitches on that one.
Does anyone know if this strap would also fit?
OME-97996082

Thank you.
You have the same watch as the OP? If so, this Rubber Strap would look good on it.

IMG_2057.JPG

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Only just seen your question skyline - sorry! But I see you have your answer now anyway.
I can't help with regards any other straps or options though, as I still have mine as shown in the OP.
Cheers and good luck!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts