WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya, asking strangers for advice on whether or not a watch will look too big on your wrist, based on cell phone photos, is not the best practice. But, here I am!

Tried on a couple Omega Seamasters today at Tourneau, and found they fit really well. The slimness, coupled with the relatively short lug to lug makes the 42mm watch wear smaller. The one I've really been eyeing though is the white dial, which Tourneau did not have. Do you think the white dial will appear noticeably larger on wrist? Or should I stop thinking and just go for it?

For reference, I have about a 7 inch wrist, although today it's 38 degrees in D.C., so probably closer to 6.75. I've also included a shot of my Pelagos on wrist for comparison.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
The SMP wears smaller than its 42mm case size, helped by the short lug2lug and he curve of he bezel......and its for sure smaller than the Pely......

.......not a great pic, as I have just taken the bracelet off my SMP......but the SMP is smaller IMHO, and suits you just fine!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
My wrist is a little bigger, 7.25 inches, but I haven't noted that the white dial makes the watch visually larger than my other back-dial divers. It's a really nice comfortable size that should look similar to the black or blue dial variants you tried on at Tourneau. If you liked them in the store, you should like the white dial equally as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wrist is a little bigger, 7.25 inches, but I haven't noted that the white dial makes the watch visually larger than my other back-dial divers. It's a really nice comfortable size that should look similar to the black or blue dial variants you tried on at Tourneau. If you liked them in the store, you should like the white dial equally as well.

View attachment 15555361
Thank you for the photo, sir!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recently decided on a Speedy Pro (as a watch I always wanted) while I continued to figure out which diver was right for me.

When trying the versions of the Speedy (although both black dials) and a variety of POs, I really found that seeing and feeling them on the wrist was crucial, especially with different colours of the PO. Now the Cookies and Cream GMT is actually even thicker than the standard PO, but the white portion of the bezel made that feel larger also.

The SMP has also now caught my eye and when the day comes I would need to try on the black and blue (my personal favourites) to decide.

Long winded way to encourage you to see them in person, in case it might change something. Good luck and congrats in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased this exact watch with a 6.5 inch wrist and love it. I was very concerned about the size originally but I have gotten so used to it and it definitely wears smaller than 42. Naturally my other 39 and 40 feel too small now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
In this case I dont think the white dial will look any larger than the other versions. I found the white dial on bracelet looked fairly bland as the steel bracelet washed out the polar white dial which is stunning. Definitely try this watch on before buying.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
IMO a lighter dial always makes a watch look a little larger, but I don't see that being a problem here.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The SMP wears smaller than its 42mm case size, helped by the short lug2lug and he curve of he bezel......and its for sure smaller than the Pely......

View attachment 15555112

.......not a great pic, as I have just taken the bracelet off my SMP......but the SMP is smaller IMHO, and suits you just fine!
Very interesting. I was undecided between the SMP and Pelagos for the longest time. They're weren't available at the same AD so I never got the opportunity to try them on back-to-back, but I don't know why I thought the Omega wore bigger and leaned towards the Pelagos. Perhaps it was the Ti of the Pelly. But now I'm firmly in the SMP camp.

Reactions: Buick

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very interesting. I was undecided between the SMP and Pelagos for the longest time. They're weren't available at the same AD so I never got the opportunity to try them on back-to-back, but I don't know why I thought the Omega wore bigger and leaned towards the Pelagos. Perhaps it was the Ti of the Pelly. But now I'm firmly in the SMP camp.
Ya, I sort of thought the same thing. I've owned a Pelagos now for a couple months and I don't find it big (mostly because I've also been wearing a black bay gmt). But now when I tried the SMP on, it definitely felt smaller and lovely.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think for me I'd get that effect if the bezel was also white. Or say a white dial Aqua Terra with the thinner smooth bezel. To me the black bezel will help diminish any largeness the white dial might create.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Not too big. Buy it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
It's a beautiful, beautiful piece; however, on my 17cm (6-1/3" or so) wrist it looked big. I mean, physically, it fits perfectly. The size is excellent (and, if anything, wears easier than its measurements would suggest) but visually the big expanse of white made it extremely prominent on the wrist.

If you have a bigger wrist than me (most guys do) then it should be no problem, but for the more slender-wristed, I feel that a larger watch should be offset with a more muted dial color.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The white did feel a little bigger to me compared to the blue on my 6.75” wrist. Even with that, I would of gotten either - my decision to go blue was more based on the looks of the watch itself. Had I tried them on with rubber straps I may of liked the white a little more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Go white dial! It is a great looking watch and has such strong legibility. Your wrist is big enough to pull off the black dial so you should be fine. Then show us lots of picks so we can live vicariously through you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
6.75 inch wrist and I went with the white dial. Bought on the bracelet and bought the rubber strap&buckle along with it. Both look great and are super easy to swap. I go with the bracelet during the work week, strap during the weekend.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts