WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I couldn't find a thread dedicated to this watch and wanted to see what the WUS community is doing with straps for this model. I just pulled the stickers off mine a couple of days ago and attached a RubberB cuff strap. Any wrist shot of a 300M, of any color or variant is welcomed. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PHOTOS! I'll start things off with this one:

Omega Seamaster Professional 210.32.42.20.04.001

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Blue with blue OEM rubber strap (pin and buckle) and the bracelet. I also have a 3861 speedmaster and someone asked if that bracelet fit on the seamaster but I haven't tried it. I have my doubts that the end links will be the same but it could totally change the look/comfort of the watch.
A photo please!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are a few of my new SMP. No plans for straps though. Loving it on bracelet.
Nice photos and yes the bracelet is great. I just like to change things up once in a while and tell myself I'm preserving my bracelet since I scratch everything pretty quickly. My white dial model doesn't show the waves nearly as much as your blue but this watch looks good in every colorway.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Personally not a fan of the bracelet. Holding off on a OEM rubber for now. Might try a Zealande first.
Thanks for mentioning Zealande. I wasn't aware of them. This looks pretty good at about half the price of an OEM strap. Hopefully someone will come across this thread with some more pics. Of course, they're out of stock at the moment.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I didn't know RubberB made straps for Omegas. Or is this one of theirs for another watch that just so happens to work? Looks great!

And here's my gray dial on OEM rubber. Love this watch. Love the date window. Love the dial. Love it all! When I got it I thought I was a bracelet guy, but this rubber strap changed my mind and works so much better for me for summer.

I hadn't seen this colorway before. I might have to put it on my wish list and have two Seamasters..

Yes, the RubberB is universal. I bought it for my Pelagos, but it's been through my collection and looks great on all my dive watches. The one you see is 22mm and I managed to squeeze it on to the Seamaster's 20mm lugs.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Authentic Watches has the NTTD titanium bracelet for sale. I think there is a 4 week wait... or something similar to that.
Thanks for the tip. After looking at more photos, I think I'll search for another mesh bracelet for the 300M. I don't think I would like the color difference of the steel case and the titanium bracelet. If they ever produce one in steel, that could look incredible. Doubtful that will happen since it would cannibalize sales of a model for which they charge 2x.

Here's a candidate:

Steel, thick, and has the flattened look of the NTTD and doesn't taper. Problem is, I can't find it where @imranbecks said he purchased it. Nomad Watch Works.

Has anyone else seen this bracelet around? The flattened mesh is unusual.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
For those who have the metal bracelet on the 300m, do you have to push significantly hard to close the clasp on your wrist? Does this eventually break in?
Good question. Mine is the same but I haven't worn it for more than one day. I was thinking that maybe I left some plastic in the clasp but haven't gone digging.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Received this NTTD clone from Heimdallr today and you can see the missing rivet in the center. Disappointing, but the bracelet and clasp are exceptional for 40USD. The whole thing feels really good and I'm looking forward to getting one that's been properly finished.

It's going back and we'll see if they get it right the second time. Photos pending.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
So I removed all the plastic from the bracelet. Still need to force the clasp shut. Any luck from your end?
It will have to wait. I'm on the road and left the bracelet behind. If it closes securely, maybe it will improve with use? This is my second Omega and the clasp on my 300MC was flawless. Disappointing, but maybe they'll offer a replacement? It shouldn't be difficult to snap shut. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I would stay away from those. The holes might not line up causing fitment issues and it may not have a hard insert where the spring bars go in. Also the buckle might be garbage and uncomfortable.

For like $10 more I highly recommend the Tropic Strap (Tropic strap - Home - The best watch strap ever for a dive watch) Very high quality and made by the folks that produce Doxa watches. It also come in many colors.

For $175 I would also recommend Zealande. High quality and fits nicely on the watches they are made for. Also comes in a variety of colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to hear the Zealande is a quality strap. I ordered one a couple of weeks ago but it's backordered until sometime this month. In the meantime, I picked up a red Monstraps in rubber and I'm very impressed with the quality. The only thing it's missing are curved lugs but that's OK since I can use it on my other 20mm pieces.

That Tropic looks great on your Seamaster.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Ok.. I've read recently as one recommended to oil the clasp. I can't remember which thread now.

Yes it closes securely but requires so much force. Watched a ton of videos of this watch the last two days lol, the clasps are shut so effortlessly.
I checked my clasp and there's no plastic. There's a noticeable difference from my other SM clasp, but it's not so bad that I can't live with it. I might not have noticed if I hadn't used a different SM clasp before, but it definitely needs more force to close. My first SM was perfect and unnoticeable. This one needs more pressure than a clasp at this price should require. Here's some photos to compare to yours.

Pin looks OK

When closed, it looks a bit irregular around the edges at 10 and 4 but I don't have anything to compare it to.

Releasing it feels normal. I took this while squeezing both buttons.

Like I said, I can live with mine. I don't wear it much, but I might get around to visiting an Omega boutique to see what they'll do about it. It should be perfect.

I just read a post about a 300 stuck to some guys wrist. He had to go to a OB and have them unscrew a link to take off the bracelet. Also a newer SM300. Maybe Omega had a bad run of clasps recently.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts