WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I couldn't find a thread dedicated to this watch and wanted to see what the WUS community is doing with straps for this model. I just pulled the stickers off mine a couple of days ago and attached a RubberB cuff strap. Any wrist shot of a 300M, of any color or variant is welcomed. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PHOTOS! I'll start things off with this one:
View attachment 16025878
I didn't know RubberB made straps for Omegas. Or is this one of theirs for another watch that just so happens to work? Looks great!

no t a dealbreaker for me but a no date option would be incredibly sexy
They make a few no date options. They make a special edition (not everyone's cup of tea), as well as a 43.5mm ceramic no date. Check em out!

Nekton edition

Ceramic

007 edition

Sedna Tantalum Titanium

Ceramic and Sedna

All black ceramic

And here's my gray dial on OEM rubber. Love this watch. Love the date window. Love the dial. Love it all! When I got it I thought I was a bracelet guy, but this rubber strap changed my mind and works so much better for me for summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
That's the Sedna Gold! Yeah I walked into the AD intending to buy the gray, but saw the black and Sedna gold and didn't stand a chance haha. Love the dial too. Here's a shot of when I wore it to a nice restaurant:

I have the gray and love it, but that Sedna with black dial looks stunning. Well done!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Well I just stopped by a OB to check out the Rubber strap. I didn't want to purchase this online or second hand because I've owned all of the competitors that were in the running.

I ended up buying it and it was a hard pill to swallow at $300+.

Impressions are that it's more of a bracelet than a strap IMO. It's much stiffer than the Zealande or the Tropic. But it feels more comfortable to me.

The fixed keeper is molded on and I was told there's a ti insert in there. I'll take that with a grain of salt, but I like the setup. The floating keeper has a tab that locks into the last strap hole. It works very well.

Also the raised portions of the strap act as two little "bumpers" imo. I like this a lot as I always knocking my watch on something.

The buckle has a nice curve to it so it sits flat when on your wrist.

Overall it's much nicer than the options I've had on different Seamasters.

Looks great. I'm a big fan of buying OEM stuff, knowing full well there are some awesome aftermarket options as well. There are a lot of little design features in this "simple" little rubber strap and pin buckle. You mentioned the insert in the first keeper loop, which does indeed help, and also the little notch in the second keeper loop, which keeps it in place. The design of the pin buckle is also quite nice and matches the aesthetic of the watch case. I also find it to be a very comfortable strap.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
For a bronze (although it says there is 37. 5% gold) watch, it is a bit expense. However, when I put it on my wrist, it stood out shiny. I think it is a perfect mix and balance of vintage, sporty and elegant (because of the gold colour). I was told the colour will change over time in long run and will turn towards pink gold colour but not black like other bronze models. If it is the case, it is amazing and worth waiting. The weight is not heavy due to the fact that it is not metal strap. The coaxial movement is reliable and the daily deviation of mine is about 3 seconds. The polish is fairly nice in Omega brand.

When I put it side by side with its steel brothers, it is outstanding and superior in all aspects. In short, you will not regret to buy it although it could be cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Wah
Thank you for your thoughts. I actually think the price point of this and the new Bronze Gold Chronoscope is quite appealing. It seems like a very cool new alloy that Omega developed to bridge the gap between precious metal and non-precious metal. I hope they continue to expand its use.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm curious to see how they age!? Could be very unique and clean versus bronze patina. I have no idea.
I’m right there with ya - I want to see how they age as well. If it turns to more of a pink gold color I’m fine with that, and think I would actually like it quite a bit. Big fan of pink/rose/red gold.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I really like it. I wish they made a deployable clasp for it, but the ceramic buckle is very nice. It is very legible even in a dark room. It’s one of those unique pieces. It’s not going to be everyone’s favorite, but I feel Omega did a great job on it and looks ever better in person.
That’s a good point. The pin buckle is nice, but deployant would be even nicer. How is legibility when actually trying to tell the time in different lighting conditions?

Welcome to WUS and the OMEGA Forum! Count me as another one who's never seen one on here. I'd love to get a look at one in the metal. I haven't even seen one at an AD.

Enjoy your new Seamaster 300m!!

Rene
Agree. I need to check this one out in person!

How many days are you out from your next now?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Hi Eric,

Yup, it's getting close...4 more sleeps.

I've made arrangements to meet the SA as soon as the shop opens on Friday morning. I was set on picking the watch up on my birthday, and he made a point of arranging his schedule so that he'd be at the shop on that day. I get outstanding service from them.

I'm hoping to do a big reveal post in the thread that I started a couple years back, but now I'm hearing that my family wants to have a dinner for me on Friday evening (which I have to prepare) with a games night to follow. So I might not get to do the BIG reveal that I was planning, but I will definitely make an appearance in that thread to at least let all you guys know which watch I chose and to post a couple of pictures. I dont want to keep you all in suspense for too long. I'll do a more thorough write-up about why I chose what I chose probably on Saturday.

I hope all is good in your world?! Are you guys expecting a lot if rain over the next two or three days? They're saying we're going to experience another "atmospheric river".

René
Right on! That’s even closer than I thought. That does indeed sound like excellent service from your SA. Sounds like a nice time with family planned as well!

All is well here. A lot of rain and wind lately, as well as the usual gray, but no flooding, at least where I am specifically. I hope you make out alright if another atmospheric river does come to pass.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts