WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks for mentioning Zealande. I wasn't aware of them. This looks pretty good at about half the price of an OEM strap. Hopefully someone will come across this thread with some more pics. Of course, they're out of stock at the moment.
View attachment 16026343
I had one on my 2254 last year and it was very high quality. The company is small and very responsive.

However I'm on the fence with that and a OEM option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
984 Posts
Beautiful strap combo. Sometimes I wonder if I should've gone for the white instead of black + Sedna gold.
I wrestled with the white/black version problem for a bit. I personally went with white because the dial has a more matte tone to it.

If I went with a black I think the Sedona version is the way to go. I think the gold accents make it more legible compared to the regular black one.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I traded my PO for the white dial SMP and stoked. Any recommendations for black rubber strap other than the OEM (cost wise). I think the white dial is meant for a black rubber strap (the bracelet makes it too 'bland'). I saw this on Etsy and seller confirmed its 100% rubber (and not silicon). Appears to be identical to the oem.

I would stay away from those. The holes might not line up causing fitment issues and it may not have a hard insert where the spring bars go in. Also the buckle might be garbage and uncomfortable.

For like $10 more I highly recommend the Tropic Strap (Tropic strap - Home - The best watch strap ever for a dive watch) Very high quality and made by the folks that produce Doxa watches. It also come in many colors.

For $175 I would also recommend Zealande. High quality and fits nicely on the watches they are made for. Also comes in a variety of colors.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Well I just stopped by a OB to check out the Rubber strap. I didn't want to purchase this online or second hand because I've owned all of the competitors that were in the running.

I ended up buying it and it was a hard pill to swallow at $300+.

Impressions are that it's more of a bracelet than a strap IMO. It's much stiffer than the Zealande or the Tropic. But it feels more comfortable to me.

The fixed keeper is molded on and I was told there's a ti insert in there. I'll take that with a grain of salt, but I like the setup. The floating keeper has a tab that locks into the last strap hole. It works very well.

Also the raised portions of the strap act as two little "bumpers" imo. I like this a lot as I always knocking my watch on something.

The buckle has a nice curve to it so it sits flat when on your wrist.

Overall it's much nicer than the options I've had on different Seamasters.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Are you aware that they now offer straps that can accommodate the deployant clasps? If you have a clasp on hand, this may be a better route. I have both on order.
Yes, my OB didn't have any. Also I didn't think I would be interested in a Omega deployant rubber strap.

I'm not a fan on how the extra strap material is kept under the clasp, also the hole are round where the clap pin secures the strap. Overall it seems like a less secure strap to me over the traditional buckle clasp. YMMV.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just got the black Gen 2 tropic strap for my SMP. It feels softer than the older version blue one I have.

By far this is the best bang for buck on a strap. $79 shipped and more comfortable than the OEM.

My personal opinion is Tropic > OEM rubber > Zealande

·
Registered
984 Posts
I get that. I’m referring to the comfort of these straps.

I think Zealande makes an excellent product but the Tropic at half the price edges it out.

Can’t really go wrong with any of these.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yep 16mm. That taper is one of the reasons I think this strap is better than the OEM rubber.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I wouldn’t say that’s the general consensus. My experience is that Omega makes the best natos full stop. The quality, softness, stitching, hardware, and buying experience is one of a luxury product.

Check out some omega unboxing videos on YouTube to get a better idea of what I’m talking about.

The problem is are they $100+ better than their closest competitor. That’s a personal decision and for me no. The strap I had was very nice but I moved it along, natos in general are not for me.

However if I was going to wear my $4k watch exclusively on a nato I would pick an Omega. At that point the $100 difference is meaningless in the long run.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Almost there.. resized and all. Just waiting for USPS to deliver the solid end links :) Any minute now! How much do the stock bracelets go for? Two weeks old still with plastic on clasp..

View attachment 16070644 View attachment 16070654
This seems to be the best combo imo. The end links you are waiting on are the Uncle Seiko flat link ones right?

Btw did you source the bracelet from a boutique?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Oof sorry to hear. Larry’s great though, he fixes things quickly.

I might email my boutique about this bracelet. Probably will not work because they always ask me for the serial number of the watch I own.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts