WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
421 - 440 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
11,259 Posts
View attachment 16249444

Hard choice to decide which one to keep, but I think I'll either keep the left one automatic or sell both and buy it's quartz version. Feel more excited with the first version despite it's hard to let go the right one as it's NOS
Keep both of you can. It's not like they are loosing value. Might even turn out better if you retain them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am joining the SMP club finally with a Blue SMP on the rubber strap! I decided the OEM strap isnt really my cup of tea.
Any recommendation between the Uncle Seiko and the Forstner 1450?

$127 with Black Friday pricing
or
$100 with Black Friday pricing

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is sick! First one I’ve seen on here. Very cool. How are you enjoying it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like it. I wish they made a deployable clasp for it, but the ceramic buckle is very nice. It is very legible even in a dark room. It’s one of those unique pieces. It’s not going to be everyone’s favorite, but I feel Omega did a great job on it and looks ever better in person.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I really like it. I wish they made a deployable clasp for it, but the ceramic buckle is very nice. It is very legible even in a dark room. It’s one of those unique pieces. It’s not going to be everyone’s favorite, but I feel Omega did a great job on it and looks ever better in person.
That’s a good point. The pin buckle is nice, but deployant would be even nicer. How is legibility when actually trying to tell the time in different lighting conditions?

Welcome to WUS and the OMEGA Forum! Count me as another one who's never seen one on here. I'd love to get a look at one in the metal. I haven't even seen one at an AD.

Enjoy your new Seamaster 300m!!

Rene
Agree. I need to check this one out in person!

How many days are you out from your next now?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

Hi Eric,

Yup, it's getting close...4 more sleeps.

I've made arrangements to meet the SA as soon as the shop opens on Friday morning. I was set on picking the watch up on my birthday, and he made a point of arranging his schedule so that he'd be at the shop on that day. I get outstanding service from them.

I'm hoping to do a big reveal post in the thread that I started a couple years back, but now I'm hearing that my family wants to have a dinner for me on Friday evening (which I have to prepare😄) with a games night to follow. So I might not get to do the BIG reveal that I was planning, but I will definitely make an appearance in that thread to at least let all you guys know which watch I chose and to post a couple of pictures. I dont want to keep you all in suspense for too long. I'll do a more thorough write-up about why I chose what I chose probably on Saturday.

I hope all is good in your world?! Are you guys expecting a lot if rain over the next two or three days? They're saying we're going to experience another "atmospheric river".🙄

René

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hi Eric,

Yup, it's getting close...4 more sleeps.

I've made arrangements to meet the SA as soon as the shop opens on Friday morning. I was set on picking the watch up on my birthday, and he made a point of arranging his schedule so that he'd be at the shop on that day. I get outstanding service from them.

I'm hoping to do a big reveal post in the thread that I started a couple years back, but now I'm hearing that my family wants to have a dinner for me on Friday evening (which I have to prepare) with a games night to follow. So I might not get to do the BIG reveal that I was planning, but I will definitely make an appearance in that thread to at least let all you guys know which watch I chose and to post a couple of pictures. I dont want to keep you all in suspense for too long. I'll do a more thorough write-up about why I chose what I chose probably on Saturday.

I hope all is good in your world?! Are you guys expecting a lot if rain over the next two or three days? They're saying we're going to experience another "atmospheric river".

René
Right on! That’s even closer than I thought. That does indeed sound like excellent service from your SA. Sounds like a nice time with family planned as well!

All is well here. A lot of rain and wind lately, as well as the usual gray, but no flooding, at least where I am specifically. I hope you make out alright if another atmospheric river does come to pass.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Right on! That’s even closer than I thought. That does indeed sound like excellent service from your SA. Sounds like a nice time with family planned as well!

All is well here. A lot of rain and wind lately, as well as the usual gray, but no flooding, at least where I am specifically. I hope you make out alright if another atmospheric river does come to pass.

I'm hoping for a great day. Especially looking forward to spending time with the family.

From where I sit now it sounds like the atmospheric river has started to flow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all the folks out in the Fraser Valley...they tend to get hit the hardest with floods.

Have a good night!

Rene

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s a good point. The pin buckle is nice, but deployant would be even nicer. How is legibility when actually trying to tell the time in different lighting conditions?

Agree. I need to check this one out in person!

I actually have the all black with Sedna gold coming. I should have it today or tomorrow.

421 - 440 of 446 Posts