WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My Grandpa passed away a few years back and i received this old watch, i left it in a draw thinking it wasnt anything special not knowing anything about watches at the time but just recently i pulled it out and had a look at it and realised it was an Omega, at the time i received it i couldn't have differentiated between a timex and a rolex!

Anyway i was just wondering if anyone had information on the watch, the exact model number perhaps, when it was produced, the original retail price, the cost of servicing to clean up the dial and hands, what it may be worth now and if at all it is even genuine!

Thanks, Ric

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Looks nice

What a great thing to remember your Grandfather with, Ric.

The best way to find the model number and movement caliber is to have the back removed. The reference number will be marked on the inside of the caseback and the movement number...on the movement. But, looking through the Vintage section of Omega's site, it looks like you might have a ref.136.011 with a c.611 or 613 movement. It notes the original retail price as 185 Swiss Francs.

A good watchmaker should be able to fully service it for a couple hundred dollars.

I'm sure the real value is sentimental, but you might check completed ebay auctions to get an idea of monetary value.

Enjoy and treasure that one.

eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts