WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Yesterday, I found a watch of my grandfather, since I am not a expert of Omega vintage watch, I searched on google without to find anything.
Do you know anything about this? Thank you for your time :)
IMG_20201119_154740.jpg

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Does it say Omega on the movement?

I would say that is a good pointer to it being a fake, and a cheap one at that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it say Omega on the movement?

I would say that is a good pointer to it being a fake, and a cheap one at that.
I didn't see the typing. Maybe I need to remove the "gold" part. It is curious that the plated is gold and into the bracelet there is the typing 18k 0.750 gold.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I posted another photo.
What do you think?
View attachment 15556753

That is some variation of the Baumgartner 677 no-jewel movement. It's a Swiss movement, or... at least Swiss designed, but that is definitely not a real Omega Seamaster.

The BFG-866 and 677 are classic movements that were routinely used in fake watches during the 1960s and 1970s. They were rock-solid reliable movements when originally designed, and were so cheap and simple to make (because of the size and lack of precision needed) that they kept making them for something absurd like ~60 years.

Still, it's a fun watch.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Still a cool watch. As for the posters who need to editorialize the fairness of it, What's the point? No one asked how "cheap" you thought it was. This was in the poster's family for years and was their grandfather's. Have a little bit of sensitivity.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still a cool watch. As for the posters who need to editorialize the fairness of it, What's the point? No one asked how "cheap" you thought it was. This was in the poster's family for years and was their grandfather's. Have a little bit of sensitivity.
Wise words , thank you :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hello everyone,
Yesterday, I found a watch of my grandfather, since I am not a expert of Omega vintage watch, I searched on google without to find anything.
Do you know anything about this? Thank you for your time :)
View attachment 15556669 View attachment 15556669
Honestly, you can't tell the dial is fake? Not a single letter in the logo is aligned with the others. That alone screams fake or redial. And popping off the case back tells the rest of the story. And that bracelet!

You don't need to be an expert to see it's a fake. The fact that you couldn't find anything like it online was also a huge clue.

I know, these posts will continue forever, I shouldn't let them get to me...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts