WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Omega Seamaster Cosmic
Excellent condition, full authenticity, exact course.
Hello from 1969.

Since I already bought this watch, criticism will not help me. But in order to avoid mistakes in the future, I will gratefully listen to the comments of experts.

Ом 1 М.jpg
Ом 2 М.jpg
Ом 3 М.jpg
Ом 4 М.jpg
Ом 5 М.jpg
Ом 6 М.jpg
Ом 7 М.jpg
Ом 9 М.jpg

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
It looks okay to me, you are aware that it’s a monocoque design and the movement needs to be taken out from the crystal side? Do you know the movement? My guess is a 5xx/6xx/7xx series.
Has it been serviced?
The Cosmic is one Seamaster I don’t yet have in my collection, I nearly had one but had to send it back to the seller.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
guenine item but as said check if the movement was serviced

Reactions: busmatt and LandauV

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here is 565 caliber, as confirmed by Molliedooker, who gave a link to the omega site. The seller claims that the watch was serviced a year ago, the accuracy is stable within 10 seconds per day.
Just learned to quickset a date, everything works fine!

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Nice looking piece and all looks good, you could probably improve the accuracy with resting positions but you will need to experiment on this one i.e try crown down for a few days etc

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Yes it is legit

It even looks like the original crystal is still on it.

It is in good condition and even the case back writing has not faded

Here is my Cosmic of the same era with the day/date option

You should get it serviced so that it gives you more years of service.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful watch, excellent condition, very much like it, but there is one small problem - the bracelet sits on the hand almost back to back. I can’t say, that uncomfortable, but I'm used to wearing a watch freely, the main thing is that it do not spin on the wrist and do not slip on the back of the palm.
Searches online have not given satisfactory results, separate links no one sells, and the full bracelet turns out to be very expensive.

Prompt, where can I buy an extra link for this bracelet?

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Beautiful watch, excellent condition, very much like it, but there is one small problem - the bracelet sits on the hand almost back to back. I can’t say, that uncomfortable, but I'm used to wearing a watch freely, the main thing is that it do not spin on the wrist and do not slip on the back of the palm.
Searches online have not given satisfactory results, separate links no one sells, and the full bracelet turns out to be very expensive.

Prompt, where can I buy an extra link for this bracelet?
ofrei.com

Reactions: LandauV

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Good site!
Unfortunatelly they don't have such old stuff like 1118 bracelets links.

Will hunt for it...
try cousinsuk.com

Reactions: LandauV

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bracelet extenders can do the trick if You do not need much to extend
Thank you, it can really solve the problem! It is a pity, that the minimum order from this company is $18 plus $10 delivery, which is close to the price of the link, but the links yet nowhere...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thank you, it can really solve the problem! It is a pity, that the minimum order from this company is $18 plus $10 delivery, which is close to the price of the link, but the links yet nowhere...
You can get similar stainless bracelet extenders much much cheaper on ebay, think I paid around 5 dollars shipped for one for my dad's Tissot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts