WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are a lot of Sub homages, but how about Seamaster homages? The face and hands are really distinctive, and the blue is a fantastic color.

There is the Alpha clone, but for $75 you get what you pay for. Is there anything up to $500 that pays tribute to the Omega Seamaster and won't fall apart - something worth maintaining?I've considered to Orient Blue Mako, but I think the numerals make it look less "clean," if that makes sense.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Re: Omege Seamaster Homage Above Alpha Quality?

Here's a similar discussion on this from a while back, https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/best-omega-seamaster-homage-183047.html.

The Invicta 9937 with scalloped bezel is higher quality than Alpha and has a swiss movement, but still only about half of your $500 budget.

You may want to take a look at Timefactors Precista, Time Factors Quality Watches On The Net Since 1996, I've not owned one but they have a good rep here. Not strict homages either, like the Alpha.

For me, I've had 3 Alpha's (Sub, Daytona, SMP) and a few other Chinese watches. The Alpha Seamaster is the best of them!!! Not only is the styling close to the original, but the bracelet is very solid, has screwed links, solid end links, and is quite comfortable. It even has half links to adjust for a better fit.
The movement is a reliable Seagull movement and the crown is very smooth on this one. Too many of my other Chinese watches leave me feeling like I'm going to cross thread the crown when screwing it in.
I would certainly recommend the Alpha Seamaster, it's a nice watch!

I'm wearing my Orient Blue Mako as I type this - and it's another fantastic watch!

·
Registered
23,402 Posts

Invicta, scalloped bezel models come to mind. They utilize a 21 jewel movement and are pretty reliable, if you overlook the company's shortcomings. Otherwise, pretty good value and homage~cheers! ;-)

·
Registered
25,759 Posts

There is the Alpha clone, but for $75 you get what you pay for.
You would surprised to see what you get for $75 ;-)

and yes, the OEM bracelet is great :-!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts