WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at a used 2002 Seamaster... watch looks pretty clean overall and authentic (has warranty card with matching serial etc..

but notice when i tapped on watch bezel, slight clicking noise as if the blue metal trim insert (with the numbers 20...30.. etc) was a bit loose.

is this normal?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Not normal, and since Omega does not sell just the insert, it will be $200+ to replace the bezel assembly if it bothers you.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
How sure are you that the sound was coming from the bezel? Could it have been the bracelet end link rattling against the case or the other bracelet links? Perhaps if you uninstall the bracelet and spring bars you could be more certain that the bezel itself is making the noise.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wouldnt necessarily say you would be short 200$ to have this fixed. I can't imagine Omega having to replace the entire bezel which is the expensive part, but more likely the click spring which is a small ring around the bezel, this on the other hand is pretty cheap.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had the same trouble with a 2254 bezel, I changed the click spring which lessened the play in the bezel a bit but didn't cure the problem. It turned out to be that the bezel had taken a whack at some point and was slightly bent coursing it to click when you pushed down on it around the 5 - 10 area. Replacing the whole bezel and click spring (which comes with a new bezel) fixed the issue. I'm with Archer on this one.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
i'm positive it was the bezel.. i could feel it a bit too.. hmmm $200 ! good to know .. thank you sir :)
If the entire bezel is loose, then changing the bezel spring or the bezel click spring might solve the issue, but I took your description to mean that the insert in the bezel was loose. So the cost would be less if the entire bezel assembly is loose.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the entire bezel is loose, then changing the bezel spring or the bezel click spring might solve the issue, but I took your description to mean that the insert in the bezel was loose. So the cost would be less if the entire bezel assembly is loose.

Cheers, Al
thanks Al, you understood me correctly.. the bezel insert was loose. and I am passing on the watch. next!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts