WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back and forth about this watch for a while. I thought I’d like it, then I disliked it. Curiosity pulled me back. Then I went back and forth about midsize or full-size. Most opinion says for a wrist or my size full size is the way.

My wrist currently measures 7.5”. I wear 47mm Panerai as well as a 34mm Rolex. My watch journey started with a 42mm Seiko and a 42mm Hamilton. I wouldn’t go any smaller. Odd as time goes by how you change. What is it?

I’ll admit I didn’t try on the 41 Seamaster but I am so happy with this guy. It wears small, not sure if the photo catches that. It’s unassuming, robust and weighty. I’m sure I’d be happy with the fuller size but this for me is what I imagined it to be.

Just wanted to share for anyone in the same boat. Despite what the masses may say, go with what influences your joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I love this guy but will admit if it was a bit bigger, no complaints here. The size wears like a Rolex Explorer but is a bit bulkier so maybe the larger size would wear better.

Have read if the only choice for the midsize is cost to save for the larger size.

I am still enjoying how well it is made. I believe it is one of those pieces you have to see in person to appreciate.

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Watches are subjective. Its a good idea to get opinions but at the end of the day, whatever decisions are made are correct, if the owner of the watch is happy with the decision. The only bad decision is if the owner isnt happy with this watch.

·
Registered
9,257 Posts
Obviously the main thing is whether you are happy with how it looks. My first Omega purchase was a mid-size and within a few months I sold it for a full size (over ten years ago now when there were fewer size choices) because I saw it on my wrist close to and in full length mirrors/photos.

In my opinion it looks a little small on your wrist compared to what we normally see here on WUS, but not wrong on your wrist. If I read your post correctly you also wear a Panerai (watches that often wear big). So this could be a positive counterpoint to that or too small in comparison. Could you post a similar picture with your other watch/watches for comparison?

Nigel

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Obviously the main thing is whether you are happy with how it looks. My first Omega purchase was a mid-size and within a few months I sold it for a full size (over ten years ago now when there were fewer size choices) because I saw it on my wrist close to and in full length mirrors/photos.

In my opinion it looks a little small on your wrist compared to what we normally see here on WUS, but not wrong on your wrist. If I read your post correctly you also wear a Panerai (watches that often wear big). So this could be a positive counterpoint to that or too small in comparison. Could you post a similar picture with your other watch/watches for comparison?

Nigel
I’ll be sure to post one without waking anyone up. It does look small. I had the same feeling when I got the Tudor Black Bay 36. It quickly grew on me.

The picture makes it look a bit bigger than it actually looks.

I’ll admit the full may fit well on my wrist as well but this was my choice after a lot of back and forth. As others have said they traded it in for a full. Time will tell if that happens.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Didn’t have a Panerai shot but this is with my Stowa -938 Chronograph, a 42.

My mood changes from small to big.

I’ll have to eventually find this in a 41 and compre. I had my mind set on this guy.

It looks small the more I look at it but I’m enjoying it.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
After wearing a 47mm Panerai, your brain will have you thinking the 41 Seamaster is quite small. However, from the various photos that you have posted, the 42mm, together with the lugs not overhanging, fits very well on your 19 cm wrist. Enjoy your Seamaster.

·
Registered
9,257 Posts

Just like how this sits on my wrist. The full size may have hugged the wrist just as well.

I maintain, as I said earlier, it looks good on your wrist and as long as you are happy, as you say after a long deliberation, there is no problem.

Nigel

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you brother. My watch personality is constantly changing, wavering. I only wore my 36 Explorer and 34 OP. Then I wanted to go bigger and only wore my Panerai.

The more I look I think small watch, small dial. When I look at the fit on my wrist I am happy. For $1000 more I could have a bigger case with the same movement. I look at this as a nice daily, unassuming I can go take a dive with anytime.

Thank you for all the feedback and cheers.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cannot take this guy off but will admit that a fuller size would be more attractive for what it is. The bracelet was horrendous to me for a while but in person it is weighty and solid. The case of the midsize is small and has its subtle character which I cannot stop from enjoying.

For the rugged substantial presence of it, it would likely wear better in the fuller size. The only way I can describe is that it would be more appropriate in its full size. At the worse case, I’ll get my hands on the bigger and cycle through them both.

This watch has a lot of teeth and I am only sorry I didn’t get proper attention to it earlier in my watch journey.

I really dig bracelet. It has a lot of teeth is the only way I can think of describing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
That’s a great looking watch, glad you are happy with it.
I think this is what is so fun about watches. Our tastes are changing and there is always watch out there to satisfy.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
I went back and forth about this watch for a while. I thought I’d like it, then I disliked it. Curiosity pulled me back. Then I went back and forth about midsize or full-size. Most opinion says for a wrist or my size full size is the way.

My wrist currently measures 7.5”. I wear 47mm Panerai as well as a 34mm Rolex. My watch journey started with a 42mm Seiko and a 42mm Hamilton. I wouldn’t go any smaller. Odd as time goes by how you change. What is it?

I’ll admit I didn’t try on the 41 Seamaster but I am so happy with this guy. It wears small, not sure if the photo catches that. It’s unassuming, robust and weighty. I’m sure I’d be happy with the fuller size but this for me is what I imagined it to be.

Just wanted to share for anyone in the same boat. Despite what the masses may say, go with what influences your joy.

Very nice watch, congrats! had one and loved it. You can later source the speedmaster style band to it if want a different look , just like many do on the 41mm version (below)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice watch, congrats! had one and loved it. You can later source the speedmaster style band to it if want a different look , just like many do on the 41mm version (below)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
On photos, I never liked the bracelet. It turned me off, originally. Sometime this year there was a seller, swapped out the bracelet for the Speedmaster style and I thought wow. It peaked my interest and I started sniffing at the watch.

In person, I adore the build of the existing SMPC bracelet. It’s a different experience in person and on the wrist.

Thanks for the cheers folks!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Do you by chance have pics of it next to other watches like the bb36? Thanks! Considering this piece

1 - 20 of 30 Posts