WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I just received my Omega Seamaster Nekton. I’m enjoying it immensely!

I already posted in the Public Forum, but another member suggested I post here as well.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fantastic pick up, congrats! I absolutely love the positive relief wave dial and with the rubber strap it's perfect

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Congratulations! Saw one in the Omega Boutique this week. Even more of a looker in person. Enjoy and wear in good health!

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Congrats, such a pretty and symmetrical dial!

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
.......damn, and I only just noticed the whole seconds hand is red! So sharp.......it, and clearly not me!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congratulations! I must say, I am not a fan of this model, but I love seeing people enjoying the models I don't particularly enjoy myself. Hope it serves you for a long time.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Huge congrats OP!! I love the Nekton particularly the reference on the rubber strap. Superb! Enjoy in great health.

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
Like it a lot mate, looks like it will take a lot of comfortable legible wear!!
Dave

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Looks fabulous! Huge congratulations, wear in the very best of health. (y)

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
congrats, looks fantastic! I had never seen this version before so I just read up on it. In addition to supporting a great cause, also a way to get a no date dial (which I much prefer) without having to shell out extra for the NTTD or go to the too large 43.5 mm variant

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all!

I was looking for a no date diver and debating the 43.5mm (but too big for me) - so when this came along I jumped on it.

I’m a huge fan of Seamasters (owned two prior) but I prefer no dates these days.

I thought I would like the dial (waves and such) but I also really enjoy the bezel. The numerals in relief really makes it pop in my opinion. And I’m not entirely sure what the waves on the dial also in “positive relief” means - but it works for me.

Here’s a not so great shot of the dial and bezel (but hopefully gives you the gist):

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
I just received my Omega Seamaster Nekton. I’m enjoying it immensely!

I already posted in the Public Forum, but another member suggested I post here as well.

Cheers!

It looks fantastic- one of the leading Seamasters IMO - better than the Bond

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
And I’m not entirely sure what the waves on the dial also in “positive relief” means - but it works for me.
On a regular Seamaster Diver 300M dial, the waves are engraved into the surface creating a trench, which is negative relief. On your watch, positive relief means the waves extend above surface of the dial, like a mountain. It's a subtle but cool feature.

Congratulations on your new watch.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous...thank you for sharing...please share more pictures, this is a rare version as yet, you may be among the earliest buyers I guess :)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I received mine about a week ago as well. It’s a stunning watch. Make sure you get the bezel protector off. It’s so well executed that it looks like it is intentional. I had to use a pin to get the edge loose...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts