WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got my Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. I'm thrilled to bits with it. I've not worn a watch in at least 10 years, but this is so comfortable and surprisingly not that heavy for a 45mm case. Thought I share my news with you all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's a nice one you got there. From one newbie to another, congrats. I'm in the process of saving for my first Omega as well. Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Congrats and a warm welcome to Omegaland, blindsummit. You made a mighty fine choice.

Stick around and enjoy!

eric

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Welcome aboard. Enjoy your watch.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Very nice choice! You've got good taste--in straps in particular. I had forgotten about that combo.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Hey blindsummit......................

nice lookin timepiece ya got there, love the strap combo. You may want to hang out with us, and we welcome it. Cause nobody cares about that watch, but you, and all of us. Welcome, and take comfort that we understand this little problem we all have. All of us, that is. David

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've taken some photo's and posted them in an other thread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had a slight issue my watch over Xmas. I was away with the family, on waking up and looking at my watch I noticed a small (1mm diameter) 'skwiggle' like the letter 'G' in the centre on the watch. I assumed this was on the fascia. On wiping the face it was clear it was inside the watch. It certainly had never been there before. On getting up, walking dog etc, I looked at the face again and it had gone. Couple of days later it has now turned up to the left of the 'S' on Swiss Made. Where it has stayed ever since. I have no idea what it is and it's so small I can't get it on a photo. Still it's definately odd, maybe it's a tiny hair, or piece of dust. I'm certainly not sending it back. The watch can wait for a service in a few years and I'll get it cleaned out then.

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
I have had a slight issue my watch over Xmas. I was away with the family, on waking up and looking at my watch I noticed a small (1mm diameter) 'skwiggle' like the letter 'G' in the centre on the watch. I assumed this was on the fascia. On wiping the face it was clear it was inside the watch. It certainly had never been there before. On getting up, walking dog etc, I looked at the face again and it had gone. Couple of days later it has now turned up to the left of the 'S' on Swiss Made. Where it has stayed ever since. I have no idea what it is and it's so small I can't get it on a photo. Still it's definately odd, maybe it's a tiny hair, or piece of dust. I'm certainly not sending it back. The watch can wait for a service in a few years and I'll get it cleaned out then.
Sounds like you got some bonus Swiss lint with your purchase! :-d I've got a Bathys with a similar issue, and everytime I'm almost irritated enough to have the watch opened up and cleaned, it disappears for a while.

Congrats on your new PO!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts