WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This new thread makes more sense if you read this older thread:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=99969

I promised myself a quick solution for the Longines Conquest VHP bracelet replacement but I did not expect such a drastic solution: Omega Seamaster Professional 200 M
It just happened that the same person who sold me the Longines Conquest VHP put up for sale this Seamaster (in mint condition!) that has the same movement as the dual-oscillator VHP! Further more he looked after me very well (as an old and trusted client of him) and traded in the VHP for the same value I purchased from him 5 days ago. So I ended up with the Omega.
According to my research that version of the Seamaster was in production in around 1988 and for a fairly limited time only.
It must have been kept locked away by its (collector?) owner(s) over the years as it looks new (in and out as well:-!). Unfortunately, there are no box, no papers with the watch. Before the deal we went to the local watchmaker who opened the back of the watch, put new battery in and resized the bracelet for my wrist. Straight away the movement looked familiar: it's easy to identify the dual-oscillator design.;-)
Here are some details:
- Case and bracelet: bi-colour stainless steel
- Dial: black with gold markings and hands
- Bezel is 18ct gold (according to the seller)
- Sapphire glass
- Screwed-down crown
- Screwed-in caseback (the caseback is concave!)
- WR: 200m
- Diameter: 36mm (without the crown) - 40mm (with the crown)
- Thickness: less than 9mm (great slim design by Omega!)
Thanks to the luminous material on the dial and the hands the watch is usable in darkness. The seconds-hand is always on the mark with every beat!
Unfortunately, my picture of the watch does not do it justice...

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
This new thread makes more sense if you read this older thread:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=99969

I promised myself a quick solution for the Longines Conquest VHP bracelet replacement but I did not expect such a drastic solution: Omega Seamaster Professional 200 M
It just happened that the same person who sold me the Longines Conquest VHP put up for sale this Seamaster (in mint condition!) that has the same movement as the dual-oscillator VHP! Further more he looked after me very well (as an old and trusted client of him) and traded in the VHP for the same value I purchased from him 5 days ago. So I ended up with the Omega.
According to my research that version of the Seamaster was in production in around 1988 and for a fairly limited time only.
It must have been kept locked away by its (collector?) owner(s) over the years as it looks new (in and out as well:-!). Unfortunately, there are no box, no papers with the watch. Before the deal we went to the local watchmaker who opened the back of the watch, put new battery in and resized the bracelet for my wrist. Straight away the movement looked familiar: it's easy to identify the dual-oscillator design.;-)
Here are some details:
- Case and bracelet: bi-colour stainless steel
- Dial: black with gold markings and hands
- Bezel is 18ct gold (according to the seller)
- Sapphire glass
- Screwed-down crown
- Screwed-in caseback (the caseback is concave!)
- WR: 200m
- Diameter: 36mm (without the crown) - 40mm (with the crown)
- Thickness: less than 9mm (great slim design by Omega!)
Thanks to the luminous material on the dial and the hands the watch is usable in darkness. The seconds-hand is always on the mark with every beat!
Unfortunately, my picture of the watch does not do it justice...
Congratulation.Please tell me how accurate is.:-!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
LOL! That is a pretty extreme way of extending your bracelet. :-d

Congratulations, George! That is an absolutely outstanding find. :-!:-!:-!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Omega Seamaster Professional 200M (Cal.1441 = ETA 255.561)

:thanks, Gentlemen!
Accuracy updates will be posted periodically.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Great find! You are correct - the twin oscillator version of this watch is rarely seen. I have the standard quartz issue.

It's a great looking watch and I am sure that you will enjoy it.

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thanks, Gents!
Thanks for the nice photo of the watch!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a picture of the movement (from the net):

Attachments

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I never realized Omega encased a dual xtal thermocomp... Very Interesting Catch!!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty sure that they did with the Constellation line as well. George -- do you know if this is true?
As far as I know, only the Seamaster was (for a limited time only) available with the ETA dual-oscillator movement.
The Constellation Perpetual Calendar - available from the late 1990s - was fitted with a thermocompensated movement (ETA 252.511 - Thermoline) but that featured one oscillator only. I am not aware of any other thermocompensated Omega.
(I don't include the famous MegaQuartz 2400 as that one used other method to achieve high-accuracy.)

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Hellava find. You didn't need two Longines VHP anyway. Enjoy.nt

Thanx, Rex!
You are right, the two Longines looked very similar though I was really after the movement and that was different in a very special way. Nevertheless, I'm very happy that I ended up with the Omega!:-!

·
Registered
124 Posts
As far as I know, only the Seamaster was (for a limited time only) available with the ETA dual-oscillator movement.
The Constellation Perpetual Calendar - available from the late 1990s - was fitted with a thermocompensated movement (ETA 252.511 - Thermoline) but that featured one oscillator only. I am not aware of any other thermocompensated Omega.
(I don't include the famous MegaQuartz 2400 as that one used other method to achieve high-accuracy.)

Geoge!
The Constellation used it ETA dual-
oscillator movement.Cal.1445. The pictures(picture is taken from the net)

Attachments

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Geoge!
The Constellation used it ETA dual-
oscillator movement.Cal.1445...
Thanks, vizi, great research work!:-!
What a lovely design by Omega!|> I was aware of this model of the Constellation series but I thought it had an ordinary quartz movement but instead of that it was fitted with a dual-oscillator thermocompensated quartz movement: Omega Cal.1445 = ETA 255.472 (6 jewels)

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
...I was aware of this model of the Constellation series but I thought it had an ordinary quartz movement but instead of that it was fitted with a dual-oscillator thermocompensated quartz movement: Omega Cal.1445...
Just be aware that there is a similar single-oscillator non-thermocompensated movement: Omega Cal.1444 (6 jewels) that also features day and date sub-dials.
(picture is taken from the net)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts