WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo everybody,

I spotted Omega Seamaster quartz that looked a little bit like a Marine Chronometer:

- Same bracelet
- No seconds hand
- Date window at 3 o' clock instead of 6 o' clock

But I cannot find any information about it and also no pictures....

I would like to have some info about it and what is the going price for such a watch ?

Help.....:-s

·
Registered
745 Posts
Marc there are some pics of this one further down this page....

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I would like to have some info about it and what is the going price for such a watch ?
One sold several weeks ago on the bay (click for listing) for just over $200...
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1d153aj0.jpg

Omega quartz watches go for about 1/2 to 1/4 of similar Omega mechanicals... old Omega quartz seem to be towards the lower end of this scale.

The Calibre 1343 used in this watch actually supports a sweep second hand according to Ranfft.... not sure why Omega would not have a second hand on a Chronometer class watch... but they were doing strange things in the late 70's (like going bankrupt '-)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Marc,

Not sure if this is what you've seen but I suspect it is.

More information and pics here:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=84958

Price is entirely dependent on condition. My example is NOS, complete with protection on the case back still!

Hope this helps and if you want to know more just drop me a line.

Cheers,

Gary

Yes, that's the one ! Wow, beautiful photo, Gary !!!:-!
Thanks !!!!

Edit: And a beautiful review too !!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Marc, the HEQ page... Garys watch featured somewhere further down on there when I owned it, along with my MC and a few other similarly styled Omegas (a squarer one and a ladies one)...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
454 Posts
I found this:
Psssst: I'll tell you a secret: I'm expecting such a watch :-d:-!b-);-)
Well done Marc, remember to post a few pics when it arrives :-!.

Cheers,

Gary

P.S. I'm getting some stainless steel bezels made for this watch, one brushed and one mirror finished. CAD drawing is done, supplier is sourced and quote agreed, just need to press the go button. I'll take a few pics when they arrive and are on the watch. Hopefully it'll look good. :)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Received yesterday, but it's now at a friend/watchmaker waiting for a new crown. The watch itself is in mint condition, working fine. Case and bracelet need polishing/brushing - but that I can do myself.

When the watch is back I will post some pics.

There is a huge difference in size compared to the MC 2400, but it's a nice looking watch and a collectors' item for every MC 2400 owner.;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts