WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired and just managed to open it.
forum-11.jpg

Have two questions:

One: What is the opinion on the dial? Get it redialed or leave as is? The varnish has peeled in places and there are two scratches between 1 and 2. On the one hand I quite like the yellow patina of the varnish but the scratches bug me.

The pendant tube is slightly loose. What glue is recommended to to stop it "waggling" and seal it?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
Looks like ref. 166.0130. Well, at least that's the Cosmic 2000 with the same hour markers listed in the OVD. But that's just a guess, since I have no idea what case has your watch got, and thus- no idea about the reference number.
Redial is the solution when everything else fails, and I therefore suggest getting a NOS dial.
Looks like there is a dial for a Cosmic 2000 at Otto Frei's.
Omega Dials Caliber 1010, 1011 & 1012
The markers on your dial probably had a black strip in them once. Silver colour of the dial is also a match.
It says in there that the dial fits case no. 166.0128, to fit calibre 1012. so if that's what your watch is, and if that's the movement it's got, maybe try to contact them in order to have a look at the dial before buying, so that you know if it's the same dial or not.
As to the glue, I'm no watchmaker, but the words "glue" and "watch" don't get along well, not that I've heard of. My idea of fixing anything is WD40 and/or duct tape, and that's why I woudn't try to repair a watch myself- therefore, here I can't be of any more help.

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The case is 166.130 and not 166.013. Had to use about 80psi compressed air to open it!
I'll have a look on Otto Frei.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
I have never said that it's 166.013. Yes, the number engraved on the caseback is 166.130 as it turns out, but if you type that into the Omega database, you'll get no results- with that type of Omega reference number, you've got to add a 0 before the next three digits of the number- hence the 166.0130. They use the same system with an additional 0 in the descriptions at Ofrei- it's just so that you can more easily match the parts with the models as listed in the Omega database.
That's the 166.130: OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database

And this would be the 166.128 (or 166.0128, as the OVD has it)- you can see that the markers on this one don't have the black inlay, so I guess the dial at Ofrei will fit the 166.130, but then again, I'm not certain of that. Same calibre, but whether these cases use dials of the same size, I do not know. Maybe someone else will know more.OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Leave the dial get a new crystal and enjoy. the value to you and as a potential sale in the future would be greater with original dials.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts