WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Picked up my first Speedy earlier this week. About 20 years old, has never been serviced. Would like to bring it in
sometime soon to have serviced. While a few members have highly recommended a watchmaker in PA that does
great work, I was curious who I might talk to locally that may have a great reputation for working on Omega's?

One more thing, the thought of spending $600+ to service a watch I paid $750 for( I got an insanely good deal) is knocking me on my
heels a bit. But that being said, I do not plan on ever selling said watch, so I want it to work, and wear well for
the duration.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
If it is a Speedy Pro, you did get a great deal if you paid $750. Even if it was the automatic incarnation it still sounds like a good deal. Either way, you have to get it serviced to wear it or sell it. A 20 year old watch that has never been serviced is going to have to be serviced sooner or later… I would think Minneapolis should have a watchmaker that could service a chronograph that can save you a bit of money off of an Omega service...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
JB Hudson as an AD for Omega. They do some service, and I recall seeing some Omega service certificates there. Not sure what their limits are for vintage.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Archer is the screen name of a member on this forum. He's active in the Omega community. Send him a message and ask about his restoration services. From what I've heard and read his work is top notch and very reliable. He'll be able to restore your speedy to glory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts