WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Omega sightings at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games

992 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Popoki Nui 
#1 · (Edited)
Had a great time this afternoon.. Omega was handing out "Official Timekeeper" hats by the countdown clock in Vancouver. Then around 6pm Thomas Stafford, Eugene Cernan and Buzz Aldrin all dropped by the Omega store in the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver to take pictures, and were then pictured in the bobsled by the Olympic clock.

Eugene was nice enough to chat with us, shook my hand and took a picture with me. Great guy, he was commenting on how beautiful the women are in Vancouver. Eugene is known for orbiting the moon on Apollo 10 and walking on the moon with Apollo 17. He is one of only 12 people to ever walk on the moon, the only human who has ever descended onto the moon twice, and the last human to have been on the moon. Pretty freaking cool. (pictured with me here)

Also pictured is Buzz Aldrin, in his Omega jacket. He was wearing two watches today (I will try to see if I can find any closeups). I asked to shake his hand however his security wouldn't allow anyone closer than a couple of feet.

cheers,
elapsed

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Holy **(#%$@#!! You lucky, lucky guy! :-! Did you know they were going to be there, or were you just in the right place at the right time?

If I'd have know they were going to be there, I'd have come up there and put up with that cluster**** you call traffic just to be in the general vicinity of those guys!

Dang!

#3 ·
Holy **(#%$@#!! You lucky, lucky guy! :-! Did you know they were going to be there, or were you just in the right [lace at the right time?
I knew Buzz Aldrin was going to be there today as I've have been checking with the Omega store for 3 weeks now to find out the exact time. I don't think this was publicized at all, the crowd was less than 20 people (plus a lot of news photographers and video guys). There was nothing on the Internet that I know of that was announcing the appearance.

I've attached a picture of all of the astronauts receiving a gift from Omega. There are a couple more guys in the picture wearing Nasa jackets, I believe they are Bertrand Piccard and Andre Borschberg who developed some solar-powered airplanes.

If I'd have know they were going to be there, I'd have come up there and put up with that cluster**** you call traffic just to be in the general vicinity of those guys!
Vancouver traffic has been great the past week! Everyone is too scared off to drive into town. I've never seen the roads so empty.

cheers,
elapsed

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.