WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a happy owner of a 300MC and want a watch that can dress up a little with a date complication.

1617740769505.png

The 210.32.42.20.04.001 ticks a lot of boxes for me, but in the online photos my eyes are always drawn to the depth of the date wheel.

Why did Omega do this? Why isn't the date wheel flush under the dial? Is this flaw only in the photo?

My question for owners: Is this how your date appears?

Perhaps it's a compromise I would have to make to own this watch. Maybe I would get used to it.

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a happy owner of a 300MC and want a watch that can dress up a little with a date complication.

View attachment 15811066

View attachment 15811064

The 210.32.42.20.04.001 ticks a lot of boxes for me, but in the online photos my eyes are always drawn to the depth of the date wheel.

Why did Omega do this? Why isn't the date wheel flush under the dial? Is this flaw only in the photo?

Perhaps it's a compromise I would have to make to own this watch. Maybe I would get used to it.

You be the judge. Does not bother me. Most of the time if I just pick up and wear the watch, I wind and go. I do not even set the date.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Once presbyopia sets in, one can't see the date anyway, let alone the depth of the date wheel. The 6:00 date is easy to ignore.

What does happen is one becomes picky and persnickety about how 3:00 date windows are rendered.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I'm sure they had to make the depth so there would be no rub on the backside of the dial.

Reactions: aaceofspades

·
Registered
368 Posts
I never even noticed until now. I just looked at it under a loupe and it still looks fine to me. In fact, if anything, the depth and dimension looks better than most date windows.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The ceramic dial is thick, which I like, as I expect the watch to last a long time. The depth of the date wheel doesn't bother me at all.

·
Registered
478 Posts

View attachment 15811066

View attachment 15811064

You bring up a very interesting point. When I first got mine (blue) I constantly thought my date wheel was misaligned. Finally I realized it’s just set back so if you’re not looking directly at it it can appear off center due to the depth. Sorry no good picture of it but def check it out in person. Doesn’t bother me anymore but you are on to something.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You bring up a very interesting point. When I first got mine (blue) I constantly thought my date wheel was misaligned. Finally I realized it’s just set back so if you’re not looking directly at it it can appear off center due to the depth. Sorry no good picture of it but def check it out in person. Doesn’t bother me anymore but you are on to something. View attachment 15811686
Yes, that's what I see also (misalignment). It's probably something I wouldn't notice after a while. I also think it's more enhanced on the white dial. From what I see here, the blue and black doesn't show it as much.

I hope to see one in person soon. I have too many black, blue and green dial watches, so I have my sights on the white. It's always different in the metal. I've always liked the 300M but this version makes me want to finally own one. Everyone here seems to be very pleased with this piece. Thanks guys for all the photos.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It’s quite small window and tbh I don’t notice it at all unless I’m staring from 20 cm away.

The date window is really well balanced at 6. Much prefer it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts