Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Zenith El Primero 42mm

Votes: 26 72.2%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to own both but for now I can only afford one. The Zenith is probably the more desirable watch but the Omega enjoys that unique history. Thoughts/Opinions are greatly appreciated but I feel it might come down to a coin toss :-d

Omega (Google Images)

Zenith (Hodinkee Images)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Zenith for me - date function, smoother second hand, choice of sizes (38mm for me), more interesting and colourful dial

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Of the two, the zenith for me. High beat and with date.

Sent from my Passport

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Zenith is a better watch albeit less versatile

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Zenith. But to be honest, I would go 38mm instead of 42.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Another vote for the zenith. Also, it's an automatic column chronograph movement with date and higher beat.

Reactions: metalaphid

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Zenith gets my vote here. You can always buy the Speedy later, the zenith may/may not be available in a few years.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm a fan of the Speedy but in this case I'll go with Zenith. There's just something so special about the El Primero, to me anyway. But I'll look for the 38mm version. The 42mm Zenith wears big so try it out first before you buy. If I were to buy a Speedy Pro, I'll buy the hesalite crystal 3570 at a lower price.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
If you go Speedy give serious consideration to the hesalite. I was dead-set on the sapphire sandwich until I viewed in person - where suddenly I "got" the hesalite. It is not uncommon.

Reactions: metalaphid

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really appreciate every ones opinions/thoughts and I think I might be getting swayed towards the Zenith.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That's one of my favorite Zeniths. I've tried on the speedy a couple times and really wanted to like it, but it just didn't sing to me. So Zenith for me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts