WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've already made some posts the last few days but with this thread I'd like to formally introduce myself to the fellow Omega owners on the forum. I hope to become a regular contributor on this cool forum to share and absorb some knowledge! |>
So in april of this year I bought my first Omega. I immediately liked the Speedmaster Professional but when I saw the LE Apollo 15 with its red and blue details I fell in love! It definetely wasn't easy to get my hands on one because they were sold out in every AD I called/emailed in my country. Eventually found one in the Netherlands and so my father and I took the 2 hour trip :) and believe me, in hindsight it was definetely worth the 'chase'. So here are some shots I took a while ago for those interested ;-)

Cheers!

7803401048_a1bac8969f_b.jpg

7803398234_6e492ce8e7_b.jpg

7803399226_eb40e9ba2c_b.jpg

7803393970_3cbe4db66d_b.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
That is an impressive looking Speedy!

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Very interested!
Great looking watch and I love the splash of colour that it entails. So, if I may ask, is it going to be a regular, (daily) wearer, in a rotation, or sadly, put away? Don't get me wrong, for if I owned it, I would think it most special, but still, all of mine are meant to be worn, than again I (regrettably) don't own a LE Apollo 15.

Congratulations, welcome, and I hope I will read more posts and see more photos from you.

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
Congratulations on seeing the chase through and getting the fantastic watch you wanted. Welcome aboard too - looking forward to seeing your input.

Nigel

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Mark! It's not my daily watch because I like to wear a different watch everyday, so essentially I don't have a daily wearer ;) But it's definetely in rotation! Sadly enough it does show on the plastic crystal because I had to use polywatch a few weeks ago to get some visible scratches of :( but I've read that the plastic crystals gets replaced with the first service.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And thanks everyone, I'm glad to become a part of the omega community and the Speedmaster owners. Altough I already was a part of the Speedmaster owners in a way, my dad had a surprise for me a few years ago when he showed me his old watch ;) I will show it somewhere in the near future!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Congrats on a beauty ... I haven't seen one in person but your pics are definitely much nicer than those stock ones I have seen ....

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Very nice watch. Speedys and polywatch. Omega should include a tube with each speedy. A lot of people worry about getting a scratch on the hesalite. I look foward to removing them.

Reactions: gippo

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it was surprisely easy to remove clearly visible scratches from the hesalite! A tube of Polywatch in the box would come in handy indeed :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
My favorite Apollo mission Speedy.

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Thanks Mark! It's not my daily watch because I like to wear a different watch everyday, so essentially I don't have a daily wearer ;) But it's definetely in rotation! Sadly enough it does show on the plastic crystal because I had to use polywatch a few weeks ago to get some visible scratches of :( but I've read that the plastic crystals gets replaced with the first service.
Sounds like a plan! Even my 3570.50 had the plexi replaced under a warranty claim, even though I thought it was looking great due to my Polywatch administrations.

All the best. I like it!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi NielsZ Welccome and Congratulation to join the club with such a nice piece.

It was a very good idea to fly to pick up this piece, as it builds a very special relation between you and your timepiece, that you will never forget. I flew myself to many countries to pick up LE or rare pieces.

Mine says HI !

Cheers, Phil.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow Phil, love the little lunar rover :D And piece no. 69 makes it even more awesome!

Cheers!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks guys; yes, I was very glad (and lucky!) to get this wonderful model which was actually the original display for the Apollo 15 40th. The quality of those Omega models is very impressive.

Enjoy your Speedy Nielsz, that LE is very pretty.

Phil.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts