WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with the SpaceX crew seemingly ditching Snoopy for the weightless Baby Yoda floating about the cabin, can we expect to see a limited edition sometime in the future? :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hope so!!! That’ll really increase the chances of the Mrs giving me the go ahead to buy one 😂

·
Registered
127 Posts
Except Disney is extremely stingy with copyright, so any watch sold, especially by Omega, will probably be exorbitantly priced to make up for the royalties claimed. Not saying that I wouldn't love one, but I can't recall many serious mechanical watches that bear the Star Wars trademark other than the Seiko SDGC011/3/5 that came out in 2012, which is right about when Disney acquired Lucas Films.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
So, with the SpaceX crew seemingly ditching Snoopy for the weightless Baby Yoda floating about the cabin, can we expect to see a limited edition sometime in the future? :p
ahhhh! That's what it was. I was watching the docking happening live but, for the life of me, could not figure out what that little figure was below the 3 screens bonking into/out of the bulk-head....
Such disrespect for Master Yoda - let him bonk around!! :ROFLMAO:
he always had full control of the situation & would never be "ungrounded"...
just being light-hearted here. yeah, you might be onto something here. the Star Wars merchandizing machine goes on forever & ever.....

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am sorry but WTFH is baby yoda?
There is a new series on Disney Plus called The Mandalorian. There is a character referred to as The Child in the show who is basically a baby of Yoda's species (even though he is apparently already 30 years old at this point).

He basically became an overnight sensation and can now be found on everything from T-shirts to coffee mugs.

·
Registered
551 Posts
There is a new series on Disney Plus called The Mandalorian. There is a character referred to as The Child in the show who is basically a baby of Yoda's species (even though he is apparently already 30 years old at this point).

He basically became an overnight sensation and can now be found on everything from T-shirts to coffee mugs.

I have often seen this hideous creature on various media never knew what it was about. Thanks. :)

PS: I have never seen Star Wars so have no clue of anything really.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Except Disney is extremely stingy with copyright, so any watch sold, especially by Omega, will probably be exorbitantly pNot saying that I wouldn't love one, but I can't recall many serious mechanical watches that bear the Star Wars trademark other than the Seiko SDGC011/3/5 that came out in 2012, which is right about when Disney acquired Lucas Films.
Oris came out with a Darth Vader model and a Stormtrooper model within the last two years or so, IIRC.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Oris came out with a Darth Vader model and a Stormtrooper model within the last two years or so, IIRC.
Yes, correct. Limited edition models which were only available in certain countries due to licensing agreements. Needless to say, they sold pretty quickly.

·
Registered
9,712 Posts
PS: I have never seen Star Wars so have no clue of anything really.
In the past I would have said 'sorry to hear that'. But now 'your not missing out'.

If you do decide to give Star Wars a go, please watch the ones released from the 70s first (not in chronological order).

If Omega over teams up with Disney I'd loose quite a bit of respect for the company.

·
Registered
952 Posts
In the past I would have said 'sorry to hear that'. But now 'your not missing out'.

If you do decide to give Star Wars a go, please watch the ones released from the 70s first (not in chronological order).

It Omega over teams up with Disney I'd loose quite a bit of respect for the company.
I do not disagree on both counts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts