WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting here. Just purchased a new Speedmaster today from local jewler in Atlanta. After spending some time with the watch reviewing manual for date adjustment, etc. i suddenly realized that the word Chronometer on the face of the watch was missing the letter "C"! So it reads: hronometer.....I'm freeking out that this watch is either a fake or a "blemish" model. i've emailed in the watch no. to Omega's website, but i'm sure that takes some time for a response. Any other suggestions on how I can confirm the watch's authenticity quicker?

tks....

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
post pics. But until then I would march right back to the dealer and say, "Yo! Wassup mon?". If its really an AD I seriously doubt its a fake and I can't imagine anyone would want that kind of a "blemish" unless they were selling it for minus the cost of a NOS dial and installation fees. So-if true-I dont see how the AD can fix that and would have to either refund your money or produce another non-defective watch. Did you purchase a floor model special?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a pic of the face. might be difficult to see but hopefully you will notice the missing "C"
omega.jpg

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I believe it's a joke. The minute hand is hiding the c. The h in chronometer lies directly under the a from chronometer. The c is under the minute hand.
32611_021omegawatches.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
richardew, if you could, can you please provide the distance from lug tip to lug tip (top to bottom) for your Speedie Date? I've only seen it in photos, none of the ADs near me has it in stock. Thanks.

I believe it's a joke. The minute hand is hiding the c. The h in chronometer lies directly under the a from chronometer. The c is under the minute hand.
View attachment 465121

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
richardew, if you could, can you please provide the distance from lug tip to lug tip (top to bottom) for your Speedie Date? I've only seen it in photos, none of the ADs near me has it in stock. Thanks.
Just sitting with my cal 1164 Speedmaster Date (same case as the 3304, I think) and measured it with a caliper guage.

The dimension lug to lug, through 12 and 6, is 45.6mm. lug to lug distance (strap width) is 19.0mm. Thickness is 15.1mm. Diameter including crown is 42.5mm, without crown 40.0mm. Hope that helps :)

[richardew, sorry for jumping in on your question, happened to have the watch and tool to hand]

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thanks CS. I don't have an appropriate tool to measure the dimensions of the watch. I tried with a ruler. LOL Not very precise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks ChronoScot, I appreciate the measurements it helps a lot! richardew, hopefully I'll have a twin of yours next month :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread but I just started talking to an AD about this model and then I see 15.1pm tall. Seems really thick. Does it feel that way?

I have a Habring and it's about that same height. I can't wear it under a cuff.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I thought it was only 14 mM tall. It doesn't feel thick. It's got a 40mM diameter and wears smaller than my Speedy Pros.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts