WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi every one! I'm glad to introduce here my new little jewel, my uncle gave this to me from his personal collection, which gives it even more importance to me :)
Here it is, an Omega speedmaster professional moonwatch, reference 145.022 I guess, limited edition to 500 pieces, mine is number 325
On the back case it says "flight qualified by nasa for all manned space missions" and "the first watch worn on the moon"
If anyone knows this piece and has any further information I'd love to know
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443882093.122550.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443882194.581284.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443882210.223403.jpg

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Super cool gift! Congrats on your new Speedy!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
In my opinion that is a fine example of how good gold and steel can look together. Wear it in the best of health and congratulations.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Very nice gift!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not normally a fan of gold, but I would wear the HELL out of that. Nice gift. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
These pop up occasionally, very nice pieces with and odd history.
Despite the nomenclature on the back it is actually a 145.0022. Late 80's so it is powered by an 861. Special run for Italy only. The bezel is solid gold, too.

Please tell your uncle I am available to be an adopted nephew. And why would you want to wear that iWatch when you own that Speedy?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These pop up occasionally, very nice pieces with and odd history.
Despite the nomenclature on the back it is actually a 145.0022. Late 80's so it is powered by an 861. Special run for Italy only. The bezel is solid gold, too.

Please tell your uncle I am available to be an adopted nephew. And why would you want to wear that iWatch when you own that Speedy?
Hahah I'll tell him (or maybe not...)
I don't know the 861, is it a good movement?

The iWatch was given to me on the same occasion, I firstly was wondering too how could I wear it seeing it next to the speedy, but I tried it on a few days and I have to say it's a cool gadget. My problem is that I'm obsessed with real watches, so I guess I'll use it for sports mostly

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all
I've been wearing it these days and I just love it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts