WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Is this worth to get?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I'm actually pretty interested to see what they come up with next year for the 50th anniversary of Ed White's spacewalk on Gemini IV. With Omega's recent "retro" trend and straight lugs, it should be a real stunner. Even if I had the stomach to fork over $5500 for a quartz-powered Skywalker X-33, I'd really have to wait to see if they can match what they did with the FOIS.
Ooooh... good point!! :p

·
Premium Member
9,768 Posts
Initially, I was very excited about it. The cost of developing and producing such a unique piece more than justifies the $7700. price tag IMO. Especially when relatively few will be produced. Exclusiveness does come at a price. As for the strap/bracelet being only a NATO, I think that it suits the watch very well, and again designed and produced only for this model.
Having said all this, I am not rushing to put down a deposit and reserve one, without first seeing it. And that should be within a few short months. Looking at it over and over again, although it's a beautiful piece, I think that I would tire of the aesthetics in a relatively short time. And it would not get much wrist time.
Now that I have the new Mark II, I find myself wanting for very little. I think, though, that in the long run - if I do get another Speedmaster - it would be either the FOIS or the 3750.50.

Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
158 Posts
I couldn't vote, but I am very likely to get one. I think this is one of the best LEs Omega has ever released. The price is a bit high, but I think it is justified in comparison to the classic speedy.

We have almost new everything: new case material; new dial material and manufacturing process; new and unique strap; new bezel material;and different case finishing. I absolutely love it. I can't wait to see it in person, when I suspect I will conclude that I must have one!

·
Registered
437 Posts
The FOIS I didn't like at all for some reason. I have practically all the apollo 11 anniversary speedys and with it being Ti & Sedna hold and limited to 1969 pcs I wanted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm sorry, but just because it's a Speedy doesn't mean we should be falling over each other for one.

It looks like they couldn't decide on which colour metal to use, so they used them all.

Not my cup of tea. I'll stick to my 3570.50.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Love the case, like the dial, hate the gold. Why gold? Looks to gaudy to me. Make a Ti case and the cool blackish-brownish-greyish dial, and you would have one of the most interesting looking Speedy out there....simplistic but mysterious... But the gold....yikes. Maybe it looks better and more subdued in real life. I guess I need to visit an omega Boutique in the next few month. As for the the NATO...I love it, but for this price, I would have hoped the NATO comes on top of a bracelet. 7700$ is a lot for a watch head and a (50$-75) NATO strap. And I could imagine that we will see more Ti Speedys down the road. I never quite understood why they never did one until now anyway.
But I am looking forward to seeing great pics in the future!!!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
The NATO doesn't look bad, but I think this watch would look better on a bracelet. I do like how the hands and hour markers jump out against that subdued dial.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts