WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am formerly a one-watch guy, but i decided to get chronograph for scratching some void in my life. And I have been in love with this watch since I read about it in Fratello/Monochrome/Wornandwound. What should I know about this watch? Especially since i am kinda not-really-that-knowledgeable about watches? What about the service price? Availability? Waiting time? Things like that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Search, and you will find.
Among others, this

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am formerly a one-watch guy, but i decided to get chronograph for scratching some void in my life. And I have been in love with this watch since I read about it in Fratello/Monochrome/Wornandwound. What should I know about this watch? Especially since i am kinda not-really-that-knowledgeable about watches? What about the service price? Availability? Waiting time? Things like that.
I think you will want to watch this as well

·
Registered
973 Posts
If you can, go try the watch on at a local boutique or AD. I wouldn't get too hung up on this talk of the case and bracelet being sharp. I doubt Omega would overlook such an obvious design flaw. Wait time varies from store to store, but regarding servicing, last I checked it was around $750 for a basic service.

·
Premium Member
12,121 Posts
I’m not sure what all this talk is about sharp edges on the new Speedy. Rolex owners have been complaining for years about their edges. So when noises were being made about the Omega I checked my 1861 Speedy and PO 8900 and both have “sharp” edges under the lugs.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not gonna lie that was super cringey to watch lol.

OP I would wait a little bit. They are not worth MSRP imo. Great price on the grey market eventually.
It was quite cringey, but I've seen worse than that Now they are new, but in the future you can get them second hand or you can get a discount from the AD.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I know trying it on at the AD and actually living with it will probably differ, but first impression is, oh man, it's super nice. Put my name on the waitlist for the sapphire.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Do NOT pay MSRP for one right now. Be patient. Deals will be had once the market gets saturated some.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I would also wait a little bit. Prices on the gray market will come down.
The new version is a slightly more luxurious watch than the previous version, and probably worth the money more than the older version. Better movement, better bracelet, stepped dial. You do have to realize that you’ll be winding the watch basically every day. It’s not an automatic. You have to enjoy that kind of interaction with your watch. Also, if you intend to get the hesalite version just know that it will get micro scratches and smudges easily, though it’ll be just as easy to buff them out. Just know what you’re getting into and you’ll enjoy the experience.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
21,453 Posts
I think you will want to watch this as well
She's looking at him like, "What the hell are you asking me to do??" :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if he had to sleep in the doghouse after filming it.

Little Treasury also has GS, so it's pretty easy to try out GS and Omega side-by-side — and GS's typically softer bracelet edges, IMO, will make you look at other brands differently.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts