WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, which of the two come with the crystal back? I know that the reduced is less expensive than the Pro. Can someone post some pics of the back cases of the two speedmasters? Thanks. Some pictures of both side to side would be helpful too.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I have a question, which of the two come with the crystal back? I know that the reduced is less expensive than the Pro. Can someone post some pics of the back cases of the two speedmasters? Thanks. Some pictures of both side to side would be helpful too.
My Speedy Pro caseback:

This is the "standard" current model pro, the 3570.50. The 3572.50 (discontinued) and 3573.50 (sapphire sandwich) are the two pro models with see-through casebacks. I am not aware of any Reduced model that has a see-through back.

·
Registered
26,721 Posts
My 3573.50.00 back

Can't help you with the reduced :think:

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
What would be an average price for a preowned speedy with a crystal back?
A nice pre-owned 3572.50 (hesalite/sapphire) would be in the range of $1800-$2100.

The 3573.50 (sapphire/sapphire) would run considerably more,

Fr. John†

·
Registered
682 Posts
Absolutely. Some of the traditionalists will want the steel case back, but for me, the 1863 movement is just too beautiful to cover up. I love my sapphire sandwich and love watching the little gears spin.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yes, it is worth it, but it basicly comes down what you want. Iam a bit of a traditionalist and went for the hesalite/steel back.

Bought a display back seperately. What Presario says is absolutely true, the movement looks too good, especially the 1863 -that comes in the saphire sandwich- which has a more finished movement and the chrono stop is of steel and not 'plastic' (delrin).

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nope. Check Omega website, all models are there. Also Reno's post above. The 3573.50 is referred to as saphire sandwitch.

The hesalite front/saphire back is discontinued.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts