WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little click-bait, sorry!
Watch is a new Speedy sapphire cal 3861
But the story is as follows: I asked the local Omega service center to correct my mis-aligned hands. It took 4 weeks (they promissed 5 initially), but I think that they should have taken the last week for quality control...
Can you spot the error?

That said, I rather like it and would like it to look like this from factory.

Thoughts?

Hint: around 6-10 secs in this video this is what it should have looked like:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
But the story is as follows: I asked the local Omega service center to correct my mis-aligned hands. It took 4 weeks (they promissed 5 initially), but I think that they should have taken the last week for quality control...
Can you spot the error?

Thoughts?

The correct hand placement order from bottom to top is hour, minutes, seconds.
Yours is minutes, hours, seconds.

This is inexcusable for Omega.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't get it, the hands are correct, hour, minute, secs. What's the problem? Nimzotech, are you looking at a different image to me?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Applied logo missing?
ahh, maybe that is what's missing. I didn't notice as I don't have an applied logo on mine. Might have been better with a "before and after sevice* photo... Personally I think an applied logo is more appealing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the applied logo is now missing which means that they for some reason changed the dial and to a wrong dial....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes, the applied logo is now missing which means that they for some reason changed the dial and to a wrong dial....

Putting a new dial on when re-aligning mis-aligned hands? Seems strange. Did they offer any explaination? Maybe they damaged the original dial when removing the hands? Still, poor QC as you say, if they had to replace the dial, they should also have documented that when returning the watch to you. Get it fixed as it could significantly drop the future value as it would seem suspect. Was it a local Omega "dealer" or official certified service centre?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Putting a new dial on when re-aligning mis-aligned hands? Seems strange. Did they offer any explaination? Maybe they damaged the original dial when removing the hands? Still, poor QC as you say, if they had to replace the dial, they should also have documented that when returning the watch to you. Get it fixed as it could significantly drop the future value as it would seem suspect. Was it a local Omega "dealer" or official certified service centre?
Maybe when I get my 1863 serviced they will accidentally add an applied logo!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exactly!

It was an offical swatch group service centre. Will speak to them tomorrow

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hour & minute hands look reversed! (Hour on top instead of on bottom of stack)
Yes, I can see that it looks like that, but it is not. Stack is correct. Logo is wrong, should have been applied instead of painted (even though I actually prefer the painted logo

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Yes, I can see that it looks like that, but it is not. Stack is correct. Logo is wrong, should have been applied instead of painted (even though I actually prefer the painted logo

I’m with you.. honestly, the painted logo just seems more fitting for this watch. The applied logo tends to disappear under certain lighting too, at least that was my experience with the FOIS.

Reactions: phrede

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I thought the hesalite 3861 had a painted logo, and the sapphire 3861 had the applied logo.

Sorry, I see it is the sapphire. Assuming you bought it new, I would take it back.

·
Premium Member
39,876 Posts
I must be missing something as well.....?

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
We have to take into consideration the fact that the techs have no idea the watch belongs to an "enthusiast".

This means that 96.333% (cool your jets, it's a made-up figure) of the time they would get away with this crap because most watch buyers would never notice, or even know, the difference.

I'm assuming this was done accidentally. However, just for argument's sake, let's say the service centre lacked the appropriate dial for the new sapphire Speedy. Would they just put the Hesalite specific dial on the sapphire and call it a day? After all, most wouldn't have a clue.

So, if they're willing to take shortcuts and put an incorrect dial on a watch when it suits them, why are they such sticklers when it comes to doing a sympathetic service on an older, or vintage, watch at the owner's request?!?!

Now, please don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that they did this on purpose, because I have no way of knowing that...and they'd never admit to it. However, if they're so adamant on returning watches to the owners in original, factory condition, then why can't they take the time to properly QC their product before it leaves their service centre?!?! The OP's watch is certainly not in original, factory condition.

All this coming from an unabashed OMEGA fanboy.

Good luck, OP, and please keep us posted.

René

Reactions: Pun and phrede

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Can you spot the error?

Thoughts?

Oh damn...the Omega logo isn't the applied Logo one is it? Because you said yours was a sandwich? And it's my understanding it's a metallic looking Omega logo on that model?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh damn...the Omega logo isn't the applied Logo one is it? Because you said yours was a sandwich? And it's my understanding it's a metallic looking Omega logo on that model?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Yup, that's right

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We have to take into consideration the fact that the techs have no idea the watch belongs to an "enthusiast".

This means that 96.333% (cool your jets, it's a made-up figure) of the time they would get away with this crap because most watch buyers would never notice, or even know, the difference.

I'm assuming this was done accidentally. However, just for argument's sake, let's say the service centre lacked the appropriate dial for the new sapphire Speedy. Would they just put the Hesalite specific dial on the sapphire and call it a day? After all, most wouldn't have a clue.

So, if they're willing to take shortcuts and put an incorrect dial on a watch when it suits them, why are they such sticklers when it comes to doing a sympathetic service on an older, or vintage, watch at the owner's request?!?!

Now, please don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that they did this on purpose, because I have no way of knowing that...and they'd never admit to it. However, if they're so adamant on returning watches to the owners in original, factory condition, then why can't they take the time to properly QC their product before it leaves their service centre?!?! The OP's watch is certainly not in original, factory condition.

All this coming from an unabashed OMEGA fanboy.

Good luck, OP, and please keep us posted.

René
I am sure that they did not intend to put in the wrong dial.
And to be fair, I only noticed it on a very quiet Saturday evening...

I actually love the look, but since I tend to flip my speedmasters often, I don't want to risk the value of the watch

1 - 20 of 40 Posts