WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the battery on my x-33 yesterday and today the second hand is moving in 5 second increments again like it is trying to conserve power. I bought a brand new renata swiss made battery 3v with the right part number. Removed the old battery and waited more than 30 seconds when I put the new one in. closed up the case and set the digital time and then synchronized the hands.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
6,880 Posts
Could just be a bad battery...had that happen to me before. I'd try another battery for a simple fix before you see if it's something else. I ordered mine through Amazon.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Can you test the battery with a VOM?

·
Premium Member
11,958 Posts
Renata has had QC problems in the past ... early exhaustion and rampant leakage. Change the battery to the same size but a different manufacturer. Also, most (if not all) of the Omega ana/digi movements have a reset switch that must be toggled after a battery change. If you did the change yourself and did not have a tech bulletin from Omega to go by, you might have missed that step.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Not sure what is happening in your case, but I have 2 X-33s and will not change my own batteries. I have read that it can finicky to rescrew in the titanium small screws with proper torque evenness. If not done right, the alarm will not go off properly. Why should your seconds hand do the 4-5 second dance? I would let a Omega dealer do a battery change and see if it works right.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just re oriented the battery and closed it back up and it works great now. Don't know what it was but thanks to those that replied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts