WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15,313 Posts
It comes down to preference. I've owned both watches, at the same time, and I don't think one was any better than the other. Plenty of guys on the forum squawk about the Dubois pigggy back module. The same module that has been used by Rolex, Breitling, Omega, JLC, Patek, AP and Richard Mille. The piggy back might not be everyone's first choice but if it wasn't a quality module it wouldn't have the above mentioned client list. I'm guessing the same guys who put down the modular chronograph are the same ones who sing praises of the Speedmasters durability and NASA certification but will not wear in the watch in the shower :-d.

If you plan on only having a few watches, like I do, the Monaco probably adds more variety. I sold a Planet Ocean after picking up a Speedy because if felt redundant to have two watches with nearly the same case and black dial. After the honeymoon phase wore off I missed the PO more than I enjoyed the Speedy and ended up selling it to get another PO.

If you plan on only having a few watches, like I do, and want some variety I'd give the Monaco a hard look.
Inside Dubois-Depraz - Empire Of The Watch Movement Module | aBlogtoWatch

· Registered
15,313 Posts
Congratulations! You've completely proven me wrong and won this internet fight! Yay!

Of course, had this been a fight, there might be something to celebrate, but the way you get your panties in a bunch over a simple comment, which was not (by any stretch of the imagination) a dig towards you, I see that this is how you feel about it, so all I can offer is this: "I wish you well; feel better soon".
You went to great lengths to validate your opinion using more of your own opinion. Then facts got in the way and you now you're acting immature.

· Registered
15,313 Posts
I am prepared for anyone to disagree with me, anytime. But what you just said there is patently untrue, and unfair. I stated my opinion, and gave some facts to explain how I came to that opinion. To condescendingly dismiss that as using opinion to justify opinion is simply not acceptable in what is a DISCUSSION forum. The goal should be to share and inform. Not to demolish and belittle, although I realize this is a sport many keyboard heros like participate in, probably out of a lack of better things to do to flatter their own egos.

Have at it all you want, but on anyone else's back. Not mine. I won't accept it.
Come on man, your entire post was about how you feel about the watch which is fine because it's subjective by nature. However, isn't calling other posters opinions "delusional" or telling them they have their "panties in a bunch" or calling people "keyboard hero's" the exact demolishing and belittling that you're talking about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.